Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

S15 conversions where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

S15 conversions where to buy?

where is the best (price and customer service) place to buy the S15 conversions from. I found a place on ebay and I have seen a few in import mags, but I have never bought anything from any of them. I am talking about the aftermarket conversions, with carbon hood wide fenders and body kit bumper.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:23 PM

i would like to know as well ... for future reference, but i have a feeling someone's gonna tell you to use the search function

i would like to know of a few different sites that sell conversions (mine would be for s14). or if there are cheaper routes to go such as buying one part from here, another from there.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:27 AM

bump to try and get an answer
Old 09-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

ebay seems to be the place to find deals. raceonusa (ebay name) has the widebody kits and they seems to be the best bang for the buck
Old 09-24-2004, 09:57 PM

ebay tends to carry "cheap" stuff. unless they're selling a brand name for these parts. i've heard of people buying a bumper or something and having it not fit by an inch or so.

so ... ebay is the place to go for CHEAP stuff (like air intakes)
Old 09-25-2004, 02:57 AM

right, ebay sells the cheap crap, but where is a good reputable place to buy this stuff.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:01 AM
Contributing Member

the ebay sellers have great feedback. I didnt see anything about the parts not working. you also have to understand (those of us that have worked at a bodyshop or have done body work will know) fiberglass needs to be "adjusted" for it to fit right. 99.999999999% of fiberglass parts are this way, so if the stuff was that bad someone would have said something about it, so I wouldnt see whats wrong with the stuff. someone on here should try it and see. I might be doing that soon anyway.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

The fenders won't line up right, that's a major problem wih S15 conversions. If you want it done right, jspec.com is the place to go to probably.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by iroc07
the ebay sellers have great feedback. I didnt see anything about the parts not working. you also have to understand (those of us that have worked at a bodyshop or have done body work will know) fiberglass needs to be "adjusted" for it to fit right. 99.999999999% of fiberglass parts are this way, so if the stuff was that bad someone would have said something about it, so I wouldnt see whats wrong with the stuff. someone on here should try it and see. I might be doing that soon anyway.
you're absolutely right that all fiberglass parts need to be adjusted, but the supercheap conversion parts sold on Ebay almost need a complete makeover just to line up right. A lot fo the cheaper stuff is made from a mold made from a copy of a copy of a copy of the actual good-fitting parts.

Also, RaceonUSA is a middleman for parts made by Importfan or GTP. They're just a reseller. If you look at their website, you'll notice that a bunch of their product pictures have "www.importfan.com" blurred out of the photo.

If you want a great fit the first time around, you go with Masa (M-A-S-A, original from Japan, not the "Massa" or other mispelled copies from RaceonUSA) or I also heard that the Inner Circle fenders from JSpec are good too, but expen$ive.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:34 AM
Contributing Member

usually on here everyone is looking for the cheapest way to do something, its a lot of people that dont have thousands at their disposal, so I just thought I would give what I found to be the most cost effective way. If you arent doing the bodywork yourself, or at least most of it, you shouldnt get any aftermarket body pieces anyway. most of the time they look like crap cause the person didnt know how to do it, or didnt have the money to pay someone to do it right.
that and the whole thing about fiberglass not fitting right ....well that is a matter of opinion and your own run-ins with bad parts. I dont know about the rest of you but I have worked at a body shop, and it doenst really matter if you get an OEM sheetmetal fender or an aftermarket fiberglass one it NEVER fits right the first time. you always have to mess with it, and if you know that ahead of time you wouldnt have a problem with the stuff you get and wouldnt care if it didnt line up cause you just saved a few hundred bucks by getting a different brand. when in the end you will still have to put a little tap here, and a little mud here, and take the block to it a few times and stare at it alot.
I guess I shouldnt have assumed that people would all look at it from a mechanix or bodymans point of view. I should have made it more clear when I posted.
if you have alot of money get the good parts and save yourself some time. or just get whatever and pay someone else to do it.
if you dont have the money get the cheap stuff and develop some skills on it and try your best, and the parts I was talking about are a good place to start.