Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

1991 240sx how-to build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 240smoke
No, the turbo has oil going to it and you need to have a return line from the turbo to the pan. I am not sure where you tap into the motor to get the oil to the turbo. And you have to run coolant lines to the turbo too.
sounds mad complicated. might look into it.. but id like to get her running first..hahaha.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah that would be a good idea. Why doesnt she run again? your brother beat the **** out of her? I would make him pay for the transmission stuff since he was the one that was prob doing neutral slams.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member

Technically his brother is not at fault. He said the tranny was having problems before his brother took the car out. His brother just brought it back destroyed...
Old 02-19-2009, 04:07 AM

Yeah that would be a good idea. Why doesnt she run again? your brother beat the **** out of her? I would make him pay for the transmission stuff since he was the one that was prob doing neutral slams.

oh my god...thats exactly what i said to my mom. cause when my bro was given the car to be used. all the tires where brand new, now the rear ones(on the stock wheels) are next to bald...

Old 02-19-2009, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

Haha. Well just consider it an excuse to do a manual swap. Also you may want to replace the rear main seal while you have the transmission out. This would be a very smart choice actually.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Haha. Well just consider it an excuse to do a manual swap. Also you may want to replace the rear main seal while you have the transmission out. This would be a very smart choice actually.
whats that?

like is it where the trans meats with the driveshaft?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member

No, the rear main seal on the motor. Its located behind the flywheel.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:23 PM

No, the rear main seal on the motor. Its located behind the flywheel.
:P i knew that.. i was just testing your skills... haha

still dont know if hes coming today...

and went out side today and threw on my clamp..cheap *** ****ing ebay exhaust, burnt tip is like gone. hahhaha
Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 PM

nice progress
Old 02-19-2009, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by jim shu
nice progress
thanks.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 PM

By the time your done with your build this thread will be endless........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................but thats part of the fun. I tried to keep up with this thread when you started it, like three weeks ago, but I missed a few days and now there's like seven more pages. hahahaha progress is looking good though, need to get the tranny fixed.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rmetler
By the time your done with your build this thread will be endless........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................but thats part of the fun. I tried to keep up with this thread when you started it, like three weeks ago, but I missed a few days and now there's like seven more pages. hahahaha progress is looking good though, need to get the tranny fixed.
Well you joined in the fun late..its never too late! ahaha and yeah i tried to keep up with other build threads...soo hard. hahah.

anyways if you didn't see, i got a 5 speed trans.. gonna get the rest of my stuff asap..

and...thanks.
its going faster than i thought, and better..I thought it would just have a crappy exhaust for 1 year. haha
Old 02-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

Well The exhaust is not that important till you have a turbo. Other way more important things. Like... to make sure you have enough turn signal fluid.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:54 AM

Well The exhaust is not that important till you have a turbo. Other way more important things. Like... to make sure you have enough turn signal fluid.
mmhmm. agreed. and make sure i have a left hand screwdriver...and that the paint on the roof likes the paint on the hood, cause if not, the motors not even gonna try to start.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Contributing Member

Please don't forget to drill holes in the block for more air intake!

Quick Reply: 1991 240sx how-to build thread