Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

1991 240sx how-to build thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by MS!3
Your getting way ahead of yourself. No need to paint random parts with cheap *** paint.

Why the hell did you strip out the back? Pointless, your just ruining your car.

Im only saying so because I went through the same stage with my first 240.
Actually theres a reason to strip out the back..I have a harness bar going in there..read before posting man. I have a harness bar and harness that i gotta put in..Battery is going in the trunk.

And that paint wasn't cheap..hahahah. (;
Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

Dude, people run 8 point cages with full interior.

If your going to strip your car. Do it right, actually prep **** correctly and use real paint.

I know your younger and your excuse will be i don't have the money for that.

Well my answer will be then don't do it all, just wait and focus on things you can afford. Like smaller maintenance ****. Get that **** running top notch.

Last edited by MS!3; 06-12-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by MS!3
Dude, people run 8 point cages with full interior.

If your going to strip your car. Do it right, actually prep **** correctly and use real paint.

I know you younger and your excuse will be i don't have the money for that.

Well my answer will be then don't do it all, just wait and focus on things you can afford. Like smaller maintenance ****. Get that **** running top notch.
I am...And theres no reason to use real paint inside a car thats going to get beaten on. Spray paints fine for me. And yeah, i have everything for matience wise..
-oil
-oil filter
-plugs
-wires
-fluids for everything else.

its like, that **** no one really cares about, and that with everything else i post..and taking out the interior. I thought long and hard on it. and I thought i'd rather have a Semi-guttted car. cause the parts that are gutted have a purpose to be gutted.

Stop flaming me, I'm done here. Dont fill up my thread with useless crap. go ahead have the comback on saying this thread is useless. SEACREST OUT.
^^ i thought someone would enjoy a laugh...^
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Lol w/e bro. Your too stubborn, I'm done here.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:16 PM

picking up subframe next weekend.
and energy subframe bushings.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Contributing Member

I think Nick got ragged on enough already to make up for all the gay stuff that he does. HAHA.

He is learning as he goes and has a few people helping guide him along the way. He definately does listen to any advice that we give him and if you actually have good advice for him, then he will prob listen. He has already had the "talk" with alot of us about not turning his car into a bag of rice and the right way to do things.

He is going to get his car running then he will get suspension then worry about power later down the road. He is getting more work done to his car than I am getting done on my car and I actually have a pile of parts sitting in front of me.

Thats my 3 cents

pccccccc
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 PM

thanks for chiming in smoke. Thats what i was trying to explain but im not so great with words.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:11 PM

just do what you do and what you like, but dont make your car into a ricer *** chevy malibu with a fart can and wing. lol hahahaha i dont really care tho. everyone's car is their own masterpiece, even if it can be a masterpiece of ****. lol you are getting a lot done. just keep it up and have fun.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Thanks dude. That was like the best peice of advice other then scotts. I did make a mistake that I am fixing already. the stupid muffler. I'm getting a full exhaust already getting the header from scott asap.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

The car is gonna sound bad *** with the header. I painted it but your going to want to let it bake itself on when you start the car. Let it idle for like 10 min then shut the car off and let it cool then start it for another 20 min at idle and let it cool then go out for a drive and everything should be good to go.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Alright, just hope i don't run into alot of problems..I started running some wires today for my fans..And well, ended up taking off my driverside fender to run some really neat, then i have to take off the passenger side, so ima take off the whole front end i guess. I found some rust i never saw before. I wanna fix that..Also, inside my fender well there was an ant hill...it was gross...and now i have ants all over the garage. Pissed. haah.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

HAHA, tuck your harnesses too man since your fenders are off.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 240smoke
HAHA, tuck your harnesses too man since your fenders are off.
haha, tuck your ants too bro...nobody wants to see your ants runnin all over the car or the engine bay. tucked ants are very jdm. lol
Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM

LMFAO. the ants are gonna be sprayed probably. and shop vac all the dirt out..any good write ups on wire tucks? or harness tucks?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

The passenger side is just the plug for the wiper motor. Take that harness out and re-route it inside the engine bay. The drivers side is a little harder. Chad did a write up but the site is down right now. You need to cut the lip and bend it back or just hammer it and bend it good. Then you need to hammer a groove in to the chassis and use zipties or safety wire to hold the harness in place.

Quick Reply: 1991 240sx how-to build thread