Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Blackzenki82's Gold Zenki SR build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 AM

Dude the strut bar is jdm tyte fo sho. Where did you manage to pick that up at? (I think its a few pages back, too lazy to check....lol)
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member

Use a uni-bit for the hood pin holes. Its a stepper bit. They work great for sheet metal.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Dougbo9807
Dude the strut bar is jdm tyte fo sho. Where did you manage to pick that up at?
long story short, my buddy bought a whole complete swap off this guy in St Lucie, and i mean everything, even 350z Rays wheels...

i guess my buddy didn't notice the strut bar behind a stack of tires like i did... peeked around the stack, saw it said "NISSAN" on it and i was like fuuuuuuuuuuck, gotta have that... asked the guy, and scooped it up for a AWESOME deal... wont say how much cause i might be selling it for it's value... but yeah, saw it only once on a S13 front clip on Ebay... the Nismo unit is the EXACT same, but i think i'd rather have Nissan OE over nismo... just that much more rarer...

i'll try that bit you're talking about, i'm having trouble finding the size i need though...

my plans are to get a used fiberglass or CF hood and have no hinges, just 4 pins... as much as i work on this car the hood tends to get in the way... plus it's be nice to be able to lift it off myself, flail it around in the air and set it the roof... the OE metal hood is kinda heavy...
Old 02-13-2009, 05:13 PM

i second the fact that the oe metal hood is beastly. i took it off my ride every morning and put it back on everynight while i was still home workin on it in the drive way. +1 for the cf hood. as long as it doesnt look too need for speedish....lol
Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

i'd go with a OEM CF hood.... i like the clean look, and not the agressive stuff...
Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

well guys just a small update... i was running my new Megan elbow to my down pipe with no gasket so i went and scooped one up... i noticed that my test pipe gaskets were also leaking a bit... one of em was the cheapo ebay ones that burn up and blow out so i did some repairs...

FTW!!! will this work on a header gasket??

let em set to dry for a while, while i pull the DP off...

this is what most of the flanges looked like, so i hit em up with a rag, and a wire brush... cleaned em right up...

doesn't look like much but gets the job done..

you can see a bit of the copper gasket sealer... lets hope this stuff works aye?

newish Megan elbow... been needing to get one of these... scooped it up for $60... money i don't even have... gave him an IOU...

so that gets my exhaust tightened up... now that all the big things are out of the way, it's now time to start tying up loose ends... oh, and i also figured out my speedo not working problems, was having trouble with the harness earlier on and colors not matching up, i was an idiot and didn't pay attention... spliced in the two speed sensor harness and blammo... i now know how fast I'm going for the first time since i've owned this car.... also gave me a chance to clean up some of the wiring mess in my engine bay... cut out all the auto tranny harness stuff (previously and auto car), and tucked it all away...

went for a test ride today... man this hauls ***... i thought my waste gate was preloaded for 10lbs... wrong, it's actually set at like 13.5-14lbs...

this thing is FUN on the on ramps...

tomorrow I'm going to re run my vac lines for the greddy profec B spec 2 and tinker with that...and see if my header gasket is leaking cause i still hear a small ticktickticktick that sounds like an exhaust leak...

i know it isn't much, but that's all for now folks!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:12 PM

Sweet... Where you gonna post up a vid of the car running good at idle since you were having issues with youtube?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Contributing Member

yeah, i'm going to make a little vid of what it's like to hit 14lbs in a beater 240, as well as some idle footage.... i still have a very small random sputter... like brrrrrrrrprrrrrrrrrprrrrprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrprrr rrrrrrr just enough to wobble the shifter a bit but enough to drive me nuts... anyone would charge it to the game...
Old 02-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

for those all who are interested, and for those of you who requested it... here's a little clip of my driving this beater... it's nothing special, so feel free to waste 1:40 minutes of your life....

Last edited by Biggamehit; 02-17-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

looks like i'm not the only one who does the shift **** jiggle. what's the clunking heard in the background?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

the clunking..... oh yeah, another previous owner did something with the gas tank i think, and it's held it with super JDM zip ties....

i know, don't say anything.... i'll be fixing it.... remember the car I'm working with here...
Old 02-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

Haha, that is not safe. Super JDM Zip Ties.
HAHAHA.

Well I guess it could be worse. What BOV do you have?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

GReddy type S... best sound in the world... like whistle...
Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Contributing Member

nice. btw the gas tank is held on to the chassis with 2 metal straps you can take them off your black s14 if you still have it.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BlackZenki82
GReddy type S... best sound in the world... like whistle...
I have the GReddy type RS, I love the way they sound. HATE how the HKS SSQV sounds.

Quick Reply: Blackzenki82's Gold Zenki SR build thread.