Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

color layout

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM

color layout

so when i get my mazda 626 running again and i can sell it, my girlfriend has made the choice for me to do exterior instead of me boosting my car ( ) but anyways i was thinking

Dark Green, like a forst green or something
carbon fiber hood, underspoiler and GT spoiler
17"-18" black 5 spoke rims with a chrome lip
drop it with some lowering springs and struts because i cant afford coil's

and on my interior i already have a black and silver theme going with blue neons

anyways i was just seeing what you guys thought of that, and i was thinking maybe make the outside door trim silver as well? i dunno
but its a SOHC hatch
i think it looks pretty ****in **** in my head, badass that is
Old 05-01-2006, 10:43 PM

Thumbs up

These are my suggestions and Opinion. Please don't rice your car with neons. Please dont add silver accents to your interior, try to keep the theme black and simple. I believe that you need suspension work either at the same time as wheels, or just before wheels, WHEELS, not RIMZ, RIMS, etc. When choosing a wheel get a good offset. I do agree with the dark green paint color, remember to keep it one color and simple. Carbon fiber hood is ok, but I do not agree with the wing, choose something more simple and factory, such as an S14 k's wing, and paint it to match your car. Maybe wait off on some other bolt on garbage and save for a dohc ka24de, they are very inexpensive and will be a good basis to build your car on.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Contributing Member

neons and 18x7 +50 wheels and big aluminum spoilers are great and all, but make sure you are going to be satisfied with your car because people WILL laugh at it. The main thing that impacts exterior asthetics of any car are the little details. To figure out which little details are important to you is the same reason why the forum has so many threads (with pictures).
Old 05-02-2006, 02:19 AM

It may sound like alot of people on any 240 forums are being dicks but most of the guys telling you that certain stuff is rice and to get the right offset wheels know what they are talking about. When I first got my 240 I didn't know much about them I just had seen pictures of "cool" cars and wanted to do the same crap to my 240. But after getting flamed a little, doing some research and looking at many pics of nicely built 240's my whole persective has changed.
I just dropped my 18" +45 wheels for a set of 15" +22 enkei mesh. Most people dont' go lower in rim size but I like the look of my car %100 better now. And i've got nothing but complements on them. IMO you should screw what your girl said and buy the damn turbo, I know I would if I had the option.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:02 PM

oh i know people have their opinions and i dont think the silver made it look rice at all, i think it made it look more modern

and i dunno i really dislike the factory rims and wheels(i have the 15" cirlce ones but yea i have seen some wicked pictures of 240's and i dont care if people laugh at it because after i boost it, they can laugh all they want after i blow by them

and im not changing anything on the body because im keeping the stock body, no bodykits or any crap like that

ill post a pic of my interior soon here and ill let you judge if you like it or not

Last edited by gubermyster; 05-02-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 PM

I for one do like that, i thought about going with that color but stayed all black for now atleast.

But you should use the toilet instead of your drivers seat next time. jk
Old 05-02-2006, 10:39 PM

hahah yea dude but sometimes that so inconvienent, besides i like the warm squishiness....
alrighty...wel...
haha but yea that im sittin like ****in LL cool J in that seat it sucks ***, lean back like 140 degrees
Old 05-11-2006, 09:24 PM

pics look good, very clean man