Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Daniel's S14 Restoration Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member

cool progress.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
cool progress.
Look at you, all Super Mod, driving Skylines + drifting! Haha, been a long time man, good to see you're still active in the community.

Thanks; I'm trying to get more progress, but more stuff has to be shipped over at the moment...it's like pulling teeth just waiting.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Initial Daniel
Goodness! I think you were running a t2 flanged turbo with emanage or something.

What kind of numbers are you putting down, and also...do you not recommend going with a t2 flanged turbo? I was running recirculated with problems trying to vent atmospheric back then...I never got around to doing anything more before I sold it.

Sigh, looks like it's going to be more long nights of reading for me! Hahaha. KA-T.org here I come.
I dynoed at 299/330ftlbs at 10psi with it losing boost past 5k (WG was getting stuck partially open). If you run a t2 flanged turbo you're probably going to do bottom mount with one of the sr style manifolds. Unless you spend a lot of money on a manifold you don't have a large selection of turbos... just smaller t2 options. Plus it's a complete pain to work on bottom mount.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Initial Daniel
Look at you, all Super Mod, driving Skylines + drifting! Haha, been a long time man, good to see you're still active in the community.

Thanks; I'm trying to get more progress, but more stuff has to be shipped over at the moment...it's like pulling teeth just waiting.

Hahah it was not by choice.. I am in Iraq/Kuwait again.. but soon to be back in Japan again!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Contributing Member

Go V8 for massive gobs of horsepower and torque! LOL

I might source me an '04 Cobra motor if I do bite the bullet...
Old 02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

stop it!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

Lmaooo. Ya'll crack me up.

Me, I think I'm staying KA-T, I just want to keep it relatively the same; sure it's not original, but I guess it's not hard work either.

HOWEVER...I am looking at trying to get into the upper 300whp range. Possible on stock internals? Wait, I mean RELIABLE on stock internals for long? Additionally, possible with a t2 flanged turbo, or do you suggest just going top mount and t3/t4?

Let me know when you get back in JDM land...so I can get stuff off you from Junk yards...ahaha.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by biggamehit
stop it!!!!
no, you stop it!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member

"ok"

With the amount of ROM tunes etc out you can safely get over 300 these days. The down fall of the KA internally is its ring lands (pistons). Swap those out and may as well do the rods and you are good to go. As you know I had an SAFC controller and I had no issues after getting a wideband guage. I'm personally not with this v8 movement but do what you can.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
With the amount of ROM tunes etc out you can safely get over 300 these days. The down fall of the KA internally is its ring lands (pistons). Swap those out and may as well do the rods and you are good to go. As you know I had an SAFC controller and I had no issues after getting a wideband guage. I'm personally not with this v8 movement but do what you can.
Interestingggg...I just may go ahead and do that in the upcoming future, however, are there a particular set of rods and pistons you'd recommend? Of course, I'll definitely do some research and see what I come up with, however good starting recommendations would be great! Thankssss.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

When I was doing my personal research before going to Japan. I was going to get the full AMS KA kit. came with everything you needed to making your motor beyond reliable with a good tune. At the time it was 1700 for everything.

XoXo
Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Contributing Member

AMS has a full kit with pistons and rods included? That is a decent price!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

Hell Yup!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks man. I'm going to check it out once I get some more money in my pocket. These things are a damn money pit, I swear.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Contributing Member

yea just like women

Quick Reply: Daniel's S14 Restoration Project