Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...

Hey guys and gals,
I finally got my 240 and can now consider myself a club240 member. It was a total surprise, I was going to pick up a wrecked car to fix and sell when I passed this black 240 that hadn't ever seen around before with a for sale sign on it. So i went back later after i got the other car, yada yada yada, its friggin' sweet (to me anyways).
Its an LE (i think its that, or an se), its got leather, sunroof, its black and i believe it has an LSD. Its a 1991 with the above options, and i did a few burnouts/powerbrakes in my driveway while my dad watched and both wheels spun and put out some smoke, so thats my reasoning behind why i think it has an LSD. The underside is super super clean, hardly any rust if any! So i know it hasn't seen a Vermont winter, which it won't, but thats all i was looking for was a clean body.

The only problems with the car are:
The drivers side seat is trashed, and the passengers side is getting there; the hood latch or something broke on the previous owner and blew the hood open going down the highway, so i need a hood and hinges
And the final downfall is that it's an automatic, but that doesn't bother me now that i have my plan down.
I plan on turbo-ing this ka, running it hard and running it till it blows. Once it does im gonna get a s14 front clip and do the whole shi-bang, auto-to-manual swap, sr20 all that good stuff.

Let me know what i should do first, seats (what brand too, my pockets aren't super deep either), or a new hood (i know im gonna go carbon fiber, but what brand? or should i get aftermarket oem style and wait till i get the s14 clip???)

Sorry for the crappy pics, but its the best i could do with my camera and in the garage. Oh, and i picked it up for only $1500! runs great, no smoking, great body, new wheels and tires, only needs above mentioned.
Any comments are appreciated.
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02922.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02923.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02924.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02925.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02930.jpg
Old 10-28-2007, 08:39 PM

more pics

Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02931.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02934.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02937.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02940.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02942.jpg
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM

I know that this isn't exactly the place to ask it, but on the S13, was the SE a 4-Lug as well? I know on the S14 they are 5-lugs, but I have little knowledge of S13's so someone enlighten me.

On topic though, nice find to get a mechanically sound car for 1500, just need to straighten up its looks and you are ready to go!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:51 PM

I am 99% positive that all s13's were 4 lug. unless the previous owner did a 5 lug conversion. The LE is one step above the SE I believe, and Im pretty sure this is an LE, therefore if they had 5 lug i would think this one would.
Thanks bro, i thought it was a good deal too...
Old 10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

all s13s are 4lugs

that car is mine but black haha i love it LSD and everything, does it have HICAS? looks good i did a sr swap to take care of my automatic problem
Old 10-28-2007, 08:54 PM

Looks good.

...and, all s13's are 4-lug stock.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM

I do not believe and hope it does not HICAS. There's no sticker anywhere that says HICAS, so I'd assume not.
Thanks for the comments
Old 10-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

Jack up the car and turn the wheels by hand. If both spin you have an LSD. Unless the previous owner swapped one in it most likely does not have one, as in America they almost only came on HICAS models. And the car looks good, but let's go over your reasoning. You are going to spend $1000 on a KA-T you hope will blow? And drive around without a hood for months? Years, maybe? Let's not **** money down the drain here. You should commit to either a KA-T or an SR20 and run with it. By the way, you will have almost no usable body pieces to swap onto your S13 from an S14 clip, headlights only at best. You will still need S13.4 conversion fenders, a hood, and a front bumper.

BTW the LE is just an SE with leather. All S13s came in 4 lug.

It is a very good looking car though. Black = teh sex.

Last edited by ryguy; 10-28-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:28 AM

Thanks for the info. ry, but that wasn't exactly my plan. I want to get a carbon fibre hood, then racing seats and fix up anything else it needs along the way. Then buy a turbo that would be an upgrade from the stock one on a sr20. then intercooler and all that stuff too. That way, when i get the sr20, i will have an upgrade to play with and tell the difference from stock turbo to the upgraded turbo. And I only want the clip so it would make the auto-to-manual swap a lot easier. I've already checked my local junkyards and we have 0 240's around here which really blows, but oh well. ah shizzle, i dont know what i was thinking cause i just realized that the s14 interior is different than the s13.......but would the manual parts still fit my s13?? I'd rather commit to a sr20 because i could get more power on the stock bottom end than my 170,xxx mile ka.
Thanks again for the comments guys
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 AM

get the car running right. awesome 240. we have the same color but mine is the fastback. if you want to keep the wing, you should always clean it meticulously since they are notorious for harboring rust. otherwise, I would remove it. good luck with your ride. you should have put the price down lower since it didn't came with a hood.

Last edited by pinakurat; 10-29-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:55 AM

oh, nah, it came with the hood. its just bent in a few spots, and it doesn't have hinges.
Thanks bro
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

nice find. as for seats id go ahead and pick up some s14 seats. not too expensive. way better than s13 seats as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

Congrats on the new whip and welcome!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

wings are garbage..unless its a Type X wing..i riped mine off the first week

nice car..welcome

Quick Reply: Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...