Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Hey does anyone got some advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 03:39 PM

Hey does anyone got some advice?

Okay, i got harnesses for my 240sx. The thing is i got the 3 point harnesses but while i was examining where the seat belt goes i realized i might have to cut carpet to reach the drivers lap belt to actually connect the harnesses is there another way to avoid cutting the carpet? if n-e one could help it would be appreciated thanks

Dante
Old 08-08-2003, 09:25 PM

have you completly taken out the seat to see your other options? if not who cares just a little carpet
Old 08-09-2003, 01:49 AM

Lol i got them in! Took us awhile but decided to take out my seats and found out if you remove this little protector strip the carpet come right off, first night with the harnesses and oh damn i love them
I got them in a fashion where they didn't look too bad, good thing for the 240 sx's they don't have much room for back seat passengers so no worries here Welp im out thanx again, laters

DAnte
Old 08-09-2003, 02:02 AM

This probably sounds like a noob question, but where do the harnesses hook up to? Do they go into the regular seatbelt things?
Old 08-09-2003, 02:31 AM

The way i did it was...

Well i bought a 3 point harness for my 240. Well if you look right by where your side skirt is its like a black long pannel that's right next to your sideskirt, its on the interior side, should be like 5 screws where ya can unscrew them. Well i took that out and just pushed up the carpet where i could see two major bolts. Do not remove your seatbelts (i've done that and thats a big no no)
If you could do that the next step was removing the seat (its only 4 screw that hold down your brackets go ahead and remove your seat its the best way to go. Next step, make sure your harnesses are in correctly yuou don't want them backwards the first time it'll be a real bitc* to fix Just see if they fit on okay try sitting in the harness to see if it works. You should have already got in the passenger side first screw screwed in preety good (man that sounded wrong lol) Once thats done and the harness is in the correct way, continue putting the other screws on (for the right side of the harness it will conncet to the bolt far back on the right hand side that connects your chair to your car place the harness conncetion in the screw and tighten it in. Finish all the other screws in place and the last part is the back chair.
I didn't remore the chair but if you move the cushion a little to the right you could see the bold connection from the lap belt behind the drivers seat. I used that and it works fine just take it out screw in the harness, and click and go, you should have harnesses in. Im not to good at explaning but i hope this info helps you in some way.
Dante
Old 08-09-2003, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

What screws did you attach your harness to?

I see that you said taking out your seatbelt screws is a no no but the harness is supposed to attach to those points.

Where did you connect your third (Rear) harness point to?
Old 08-09-2003, 10:27 AM

If you look next to the side skirt panel, left side of the driver seat , take that off, lift the carpet up, there will be 2 big bolts like a golden color that hold down the whole seat belt mechanism, i took out both bolts sinc ei coudn't see the middle bolt (if there is one) Theres this plastic container which houses the lap belt. I just connceted the harness to the bolt closes to the endge of my chair.
The last point of the harness which goes in the back, well i took out my belt since i could do that without removing the seats, there was a bolt that looked very similar to the other bolts, i just connected the last point of the harness there (it doesn't look too bad but hey it keeps me in the chair
Old 08-09-2003, 10:36 AM

Could you possibly get some pics of your install?
Old 08-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

Dude I am not pestering you because I am a dick. I am worried.

In your last post I only saw two connections of your three point harness.

The 2 bolts with the plastic holder are the only ones there. There is no third one there so that sounds fine.

The rear belt I am still lost about.

Do you have a roll bar?

Do you use this harness on the street?

What brand of harness is this?

What is the angle of the rear belt?
Old 08-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

i dont know about you guys....
but i use a sparco 3 pt harness
i removed the seat and bolted the belt to the driverside factory seatbelt location
which means you remove the lap belt hardware.
then bolt the harness in the normal factory position....

for the shoulder strap, you remove the shoulder belt assembly from the rear driverseat and bolt that clip there...
tighten to comfort and safty
and be good to go

you wont have to remove carpet because the belt roll on the driverside will come out...and it slot's through the carpet....

Attached Thumbnails Hey does anyone got some advice?-img00133.jpg  
Old 08-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

That what I was getting at. I don't know where he hooked his up.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:36 PM

all right here we go,

3 point harness sparco

I was tinkering around and found out i couldn't get through to theb olt on the fact that i couldn't see the bolt. (this point is where the drivers side lap belt receives the belt from the right side and clicks. Theres 2 bolts (big bolts) if you take both of those away i didn't see a bolt in between and if you take out both belts the whole belt sysytem comes off which i thought shouldn't be done. i connected one point of the harness there and the other point where my bracket was on my right hand side of the driver seat, the third point is to my back seat where one of the seatbelts were, They all had the similar bolt so i thought its preety safe if there was another way or if this is potentionally dangerious please let me know, thanks,

Dante
Old 08-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

it's either late, i'm drunk, or i'm slow..
i dont understand what you just said
but i removed both halves of the lap belt and bolted my harness lap points to the stock locations...
do it like that...and the one in the back seat.
much safer...i think
or to the back seat lap belt locations

i think i said that right....lolz