Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Need "experienced" help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Need "experienced" help

hey guys getting a 240sx and i was reading a post where a guy was putting fwd rims on his car , now im young (15) and im learning about these cars i wanted to kno if i sticked with a ka what i could do to it and if it was more worth it just to get a sr20..

(from the post named "green light or no go" not all youngings want looks INCLUDING ME!)
Old 01-08-2005, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Need "experienced" help

Originally posted by Skyline
hey guys getting a 240sx and i was reading a post where a guy was putting fwd rims on his car , now im young (15) and im learning about these cars i wanted to kno if i sticked with a ka what i could do to it and if it was more worth it just to get a sr20..

(from the post named "green light or no go" not all youngings want looks INCLUDING ME!)
Since you're young, IMO I'd suggest to get the car first, and learn on it. Learn the basics - oil changes, ignition timing, etc. While you're doing this, you can also learn how the car moves by driving as much as possible - not fast and furious - but just normal, daily driving.

There's nothing wrong with a KA - the whole SR thing isn't a 'requirement'. Plus I don't think having an SR + 15 year old is a good combo... unless you've got the experience.

Sorry if you take offense, but I know too many young people who got high powered cars and ended up crashing them within months due to "lack of experience".

Take it for what it's worth
Old 01-08-2005, 07:51 AM

Re: Re: Need "experienced" help

Originally posted by l2aine
Since you're young, IMO I'd suggest to get the car first, and learn on it. Learn the basics - oil changes, ignition timing, etc. While you're doing this, you can also learn how the car moves by driving as much as possible - not fast and furious - but just normal, daily driving.

There's nothing wrong with a KA - the whole SR thing isn't a 'requirement'. Plus I don't think having an SR + 15 year old is a good combo... unless you've got the experience.

Sorry if you take offense, but I know too many young people who got high powered cars and ended up crashing them within months due to "lack of experience".

Take it for what it's worth

I actually couldn't have said it better myself
Old 01-09-2005, 07:44 AM

lol alright thx for the advice =D