Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Out with the gold, in with red

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 PM

Out with the gold, in with red

Name:  DSC03619.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  62.6 KB
My brother's z31. Runs like a deere, sounds sexy too.
Name:  DSC03620.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  63.3 KB
My new car. Had it for about a month now. I havent noticed a huge difference in the S14 vs. S13, but again, its new to me. I do love the car tho. Feels more mature. lol
Name:  DSC03621.jpg
Size:  59.1 KB
Horrible picture. But i love my zenki-ness and fogs. I believe scholars say the word zenki translates into the english word "sexy." the passenger side head light is a bit jacked up so i need a new set. i cannot adjust it at all.
Name:  DSC03622.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  58.7 KB
clean interior. very clean. and black instead of the "worther's original" brown i had in my gold s13. lol. in the process of making my own shift boot.
Name:  DSC03623.jpg
Size:  58.7 KB
sunroofs are for ballers...and for people that are short and dont need much head room. clean car, the interior is nowhere near as sporty as the s13 in my opinion. i like the s13 dash and waterfall section.
Name:  DSC03624.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB
guess what ive got ordered up and on its way?....
Name:  DSC03625.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  67.9 KB
does this mean i have a factory amp? if so, does it make swaping my factory crap radio with a nice modern head unit a PITA? can i keep it? is it garbage?
Name:  DSC03626.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB
sexy rear, bent exhaust tips. i know, i know.
Name:  DSC03627.jpg
Size:  45.4 KB
no thats not gold metal flake, just a **** ton of pollen. she is dirty but i wanted to share my new ride with you guys. all ive done so far was buy the car, put a couple tires on it, and get an apexcone hid kit. i like my hid kit and i adjusted my lights so they didnt blind people. i love the car so far. its a 95 with a 96 KA with 86,000 on the odo. i paid $3700 for it and got an extra SE gauge cluster and i have the rear SE spoiler which is off the car and the holes filled and painted. the only complaint i have is i have to get a new rear hub and its not even that bad yet, and my tranny slightly grinds 3rd gear while shifting in high rpms. other than that the motor is REALLY strong as far as a KA is concerned and there isnt even that normal timing chain rattle that they normally have. its smooth as can be. really pleased on this find. Seems like a good start to a really, really slow and budgeted build of my car. Suspension is on its way.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:55 PM

cool....no love on my teeny tiny thread. and also, simple coilover question...when i install them, im going to need to get an alignment on all four wheels, right?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:38 PM

You should get an alignment in my opinion, just to be safe...Don't take chances man.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 PM

Yes, get an alignment...unless you like uneven tire wear and not as smooth driving as you would have with an alignment. Your car will thank you.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Contributing Member

Nice. Sounds like you got a good deal on it
Old 05-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

What is an alignment? HAHA.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:38 PM

so, the coilovers i ordered look decent. but i just got an email from the seller saying they were found damaged and they are asking me if i would like to upgrade to better coilovers at no additional charge. lol. why not... we will see how this turns out. im not going to say the brand yet because of the reactions to be had on here. but i will when i get them in. ill be taking pics and showing them off, and of course letting you know what i think of them.

ps...after 3 240's, i can honestly say that i did get a deal on this one. i sold my first vehicle just to get this car, and it sold after being on craigslist for one day! the guy was selling this car for 4900 bones on craigslist also, i had some coin, but not all of it. i called him, talked to him for like 30mins. he's had 5 240's and he said i knew my stuff. lol. he then offered to sell me the car for 3800 bones. so that night, my chevy s10 was on craigslist. sold the next morning. the next morning after the truck was gone, i picked up the s14. i love fate, especially when it gives you a bone stock, rust free zenki.

Last edited by Darkvillin; 05-31-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Darkvillin
does this mean i have a factory amp? if so, does it make swaping my factory crap radio with a nice modern head unit a PITA? can i keep it? is it garbage?
Yes that is the factory amp. Its not exactly a PITA, I saved this because I knew other people would need it...

http://www.**********/faq/articles/s...ypass_amps.htm

Just remove the amp, cut all the wires (makes sure you leave enough wire left to work with) and then connect the wires as shown in the link. And yes, the stock amp is trash.

edit: I forgot our forum won't let you post other forum names replace stars with 2 4 0 s x . o r g
Old 06-02-2009, 10:36 PM

can i just keep the factory amp and install an aftermarket head unit only? nvm...searched, read, learned the answer to my own question. this factory amp is going to be the reason why i just pay someone to install a new head unit...not cool....cool in the 90's, but not now. lol

and i found out that i get my coilovers on the 6th. but i have to work on the 7th! my cars front suspension absolutely blows right now. not bouncy at all, but the shocks are blown and so they bottom out real easily. gotta be careful so i dont mess up anything but the shock.

another random question i have...i changed my front brake pads recently on the car. i have the abs pump on the passenger side of the car so i know i have abs, plus it makes a constant noise so i pulled the fuse and my abs light is stuck on forever. im not really concerned about it. however, when i bought brake pads for the front, i bought abs pads and they were WAY too big. i had to go back to advance and get pads for a non abs car...both calipers are nissan factory calipers, both really clean. why would they not use abs pads? shouldnt i have the larger abs calipers?

Last edited by Darkvillin; 06-02-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 AM

u ever get those coilovers on, and what kind are they, im just a tad curious oh and how much did u pay for them?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Contributing Member

good stuff mate.. get er done
Old 06-04-2009, 07:35 PM

coilovers are on their way. shipped already and will arrive on the 6th. i read a mess of crap about them. lots of hate and lots of likes. i ordered the godspeed coilovers from ebay. i know, i know....no suspension stuff thats cheap. trust me, i wanted to go with stance's coilovers. but...i sold the gold car and had a lil extra dough, plus im no coilover/suspension **** or expert. this will be my first set. no experience at all with set up. i figure, im mostly gonna dd this car for now and i can beat these up and learn from them...if they blow, oh well. plus, i paid $670 shipped for them, the next night i got an email saying the ones i won were damaged and i could upgrade to the hyper rs coilovers at no additional fee and they were instock. needless to say, i took the deal. i just need them here asap. my car keeps bottoming out from a really badly blown shock in the front. ill def post pics and such when i get them. im curious as to how the quality is on these things and how they ride. any and all suggestions on set up is apreciated. i have the basic knowledge from searching and reading, just gotta get my hands dirty.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

It will feel like you're driving on rocks. Godspeed coilovers are just like the cheap K-sport coilovers. Stiff as hell, even when you have them on the softest setting. Sure they will work fine for a while, but it will be the most uncomfortable ride of your life.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:00 PM

Nice find! when you come home we gotta cruise together! or at least hang out in my driveway where mine is sitting. the stock amp is actually pretty good with a aftermarket head unit and speakers. nice find

Last edited by Die Trying; 06-05-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Die Trying
Nice find! when you come home we gotta cruise together! or at least hang out in my driveway where mine is sitting. the stock amp is actually pretty good with a aftermarket head unit and speakers. nice find
what do i gotta do to get a new head unit to work with the factory amp? anything special? and im totally down to cruise brother. one of my friends bought my gold s13 and is swapping in an rb25 this summer. cant wait to see that also.

i just wanted to add quickly, coilovers are here early, pictures were taken and will be posted. just not tonight, too tired and i have work early. tomorrow....

Quick Reply: Out with the gold, in with red