Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

picked up an s14,its definitely a little different, needs some stuff, check it out

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 11:06 AM

will the fuse wiring harness/lights/windows, etc work without the ecu hooked up? i really want to try this relocated wiring out before i assume i did it correctly
Old 09-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

yes that is not part of the engine harness.. that is the body harness.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:27 PM

k thats what i thought. hah i know its not the engine harness, i have the engine harness in my room and i just relocated the fuse one. no just kidding i know what u mean, i just wasnt sure that maybe when plugged in, it all became one system that possibly shared grounds or something dumb.

progress for this weekend, had to work fri and sat, worked on the car all day today but had to leave a few times for parts and whenever i leave i have to put everything back together since its in a parking lot. takes forever.......so i didnt get as much as i wanted to done, but i did make some progress. the fuse box wiring is almost complete, i ran out of solder when extending the drivers side wiring. i did get pics of the passenger side though.

sorting out the location of each plug

extended and labeled each one

all loomed up and running into the cabin

Last edited by alex_s817; 09-20-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:50 AM
Contributing Member

good stuff bro.. i really commend you for this. Lots of Gear heads don't like wiring and don't understand that bad **** will ruin your car eventually.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:39 PM

thanks man. yeah i couldnt stand how the wiring looked before and it was too risky. i wouldnt want to get the whole thing together and then have electrical issues
Old 09-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

word.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 PM

ordered the stuff for my v-banded down pipe, stay tuned for updates after this coming weekend
Old 09-27-2009, 07:04 PM

got the drivers side done this morning. i still have to make grounding points for both the pass side and drivers and then ground all of the wires coming from the plugs. just stopped raining so im heading back out to get as much done as possible.

using a zip tie to hold the wires is an easy way to figure out how you want everything to sit and just how much slack you want to be left out after you loom the harness

completely loomed up

done

mounted the fan thermostat relay/temp control here, i figure its not too hard to get the bumper off and its cleaner this way

fan thermo temp sensor

can hardly see it when rad is in place

fan wiring and headlight wiring that connects from one side to the other. i wasnt happy i had to run it across, but i think its pretty well hidden. once the ac condensor goes in, they will not be visible

can anyone tell me how to hook up the heater hoses?

alternator plug wires broke just when moving the plug, can anyone tell me how to de-pin it?

i need to get a 90 degree fuel fitting for the rail, can anyone tell what size this may be close to?

this coolant port coming off the IACV, can i connect it to the port on the sensor in the lower pic?

thanks guys
Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 PM

almost done, black wires on left are all the extended ones from the bay

engine harness is another story

got the dp to v-band adapter ( manifold will be black, i was experimenting with two colors)

anyone want to buy a 4 inch v-band clamp? i bought it then switched turbos so i have no use for it
Old 09-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Contributing Member

i must admit that when i first saw this thread i though this would be yet another build that never got off the ground. i now see i was wrong.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:14 PM

ha thanks man. i do not plan to stop until it is done. should be running by november 1st at the latest, im hoping much sooner though. i bought a turbo xs dual stage boost controller yesterday so all i need now is the tial waste gate to get it running, assuming i can figure out this engine wiring harness. i would like to be able to get an aem wideband too before i try and get the car tuned
Old 09-29-2009, 06:12 PM

yeah holy ****..major props..
Old 09-29-2009, 09:05 PM

damn, looks like its coming along. good stuff mang. you will have a beast when you get that 1jz runnin, i wanna see vids!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:42 AM

Very much props go to you and all the hard time and work you've already done in this short of a period.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 PM

thanks a lot guys.

good news is i just got a garage, bad news is its 45 minutes from where i live at my parents new house which means i wont be able to even touch the car during the week, but i will be able to get much more done since i will have all of the tools i need. this and i just a tial 44mm wastegate for my birthday, so things are looking good

Quick Reply: picked up an s14,its definitely a little different, needs some stuff, check it out