S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/)
-   -   RyGuy's Build Thread (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/ryguys-build-thread-39873/)

ryguy 06-20-2007 10:39 PM

RyGuy's Build Thread

5 Attachment(s)
Yes, I finally feel that it is time to make a build thread. I got my Stance Basic coilovers on (well half of them, the rears go on tomorrow) and they will be going lower.

Hmm, what is this? It's a 1991 240sx SE!
Attachment 22169

Yes it's dark, there will be daytime pictures soon. Also painted the wheels black.
Attachment 22170

This is Dusty. He helped me put the coilovers on. Well, he sat there and supervised.
Attachment 22171

This is the before. How gay is that?!
Attachment 22172

Got some other goodies too. Safc Neo, waiting on the turbo to go in.
Attachment 22173

Theres an Injen SRI under the hood too, but that uselessness is coming out when the turbo goes in. The turbo itself is sitting in the shed. Soon, turbo, soon I will be ready for you. But, eBay or custom exhaust is next...

I found some things that upset me though. Neither of my sway bars are still connected to the car- the end links have rotted away, along with 2 fist size sections of the floor pan, all the way through too. The whole front drivers side frame has been cut out and re-welded in too. This car was in a pretty hard crash. I may be looking for a new shell or car soon.

jramosthe1st! 06-20-2007 10:56 PM

that must be some smart dog you got there. i have a heard time getting my brother to be of any use when he's helping me do anything to my car.

MS!3 06-21-2007 07:19 PM

comin along, cant wait to see the final drop, ride frame like the bossier boys, haha.

ryguy 06-21-2007 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's where she sits right now. The front needs to go lower an inch or two. I think the rear is good but maybe I'll go back up half an inch or so, camber is killing me.
Attachment 22150

bucket240 06-21-2007 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy (Post 322109)
I found some things that upset me though. Neither of my sway bars are still connected to the car- the end links have rotted away, along with 2 fist size sections of the floor pan, all the way through too. The whole front drivers side frame has been cut out and re-welded in too. This car was in a pretty hard crash. I may be looking for a new shell or car soon.

Freakin salt and snow? Thats the benifits of living in cali, we dont have to deal with that snow

ryguy 06-21-2007 10:48 PM

Yep, the salt and snow are eating it. The snow is fun to drive in, but the car sure as hell does pay for it. I love the hell out of this car but I dont know how long it's gonna last.

clubredsilvia 06-22-2007 05:00 AM

^^^yea after you get the floor fixed, you gotta get the bottom of your car re-sprayed with undercoating. The undercoating on your car is like 17 years old, and can't fully fight road salt and crap...

ryguy 06-22-2007 07:10 AM

I have been seriously considering this for my undercoating/rust reformer
http://rustbullet.com/
I've done a lot of research on it and it seems like the real deal.

My dad is a firm believer, and I guess I agree, that a regular spray on undercoating is a bad thing. If a small section bubbles and cracks, it can actually hold water against the floorpan.

clubredsilvia 06-22-2007 08:00 AM

^^^ nononono. Find out a place where you live that does Rhino-Liners. Have them put your car on a lift and spray it. My dad did it to his jeep after re-welding in new floorpans and even rocks and **** cant hurt it. You can even get it sprayed in different colors.

-# Professionally sprayed-on polyurethane - polyurea elastomer.
# A flexible and tenacious bond to metal, fiberglass and wood surfaces.
# Remains flexible from -40º to 190º F.
# Excellent abrasion and chemical resistance.
# Coating thickness varies.
# The seamless membrane can be lightly used immediately.

^^^some stats.

ryguy 06-22-2007 08:04 AM

Hmmmmm not a bad idea. How much is that gonna cost me though I wonder.

NiSmO Knight 06-22-2007 02:10 PM

Rhino liners are the toughest you can get for a truck bed. The Rhino dealer was gonna charge me 350 to do the small bed on my Ram when I first got it. And 350 was for all the work and materials.

I would predict it would run about the same or so if you got the chassis ready for them to do the job. Also depends on thickness and how much surface you want done. Really good stuff.

RuizXIII 06-22-2007 02:46 PM

Miller Lite, Monte Carlo's, and Cherry Red 240s
God Bless America

Biggamehit 06-22-2007 02:52 PM

looking good man..... ill bite your dog however.

ryguy 06-22-2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 322356)
looking good man..... ill bite your dog however.

lol he will bite you back too. My dog is racist. He's super afraid of people with dark skin for some reason. Even my white friend's tan mom he is terrified of. I'm sure he means you no offense though.

And Ruiz, those miller lite banners are from a carnival like 5 years ago. My little brother thought they were cool so he put them up.

350 is a little steep for a rhino lining to me I think.

WeS_R20 06-22-2007 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by bucket240 (Post 322265)
Freakin salt and snow? Thats the benifits of living in cali, we dont have to deal with that snow

or florida....unless you live near the beach :dunno: ....but sno is way worse on the car :devillook: ....
looking clean....i like the after look n hury up slamming the front...lol :thumb: