Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

s14 to s15 conversion Kit Quality Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 PM

s14 to s15 conversion Kit Quality Concerns

Alrigth Guyz before you start in on the whole "search" for the s14 to s15 conversion, give me a sec.

I am looking for suggestions on where to get the parts needed to do the s14 to s15 conversion. The key here is quality parts to do the conversion.. I was looking at Reaconusa.com and they have some GEART prices for wholesalers but i hea ALOT of neg things reguarding fitment issues/flimzsy etc...

Here are my Q's.

WHat is the best other than OEM conversion fenders on the market right now?

I have heard mesa and chargespeed mentioned but are these only for the s13 conversions?

3. I really don't feal liek having a half-assed s14 conversion. This is going to be somewhat of a show car so i want it to look good!!

Would i be better off paying extra and getting A WHOLE FRONT CLIP from an s15 and then doing the conversion?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 AM

1. Heard mesa is the best
2. they have them for the s14
dont need the front clip, fenders wont line up right, check out jspec.com they have alot on the s15 conversion
Old 04-27-2005, 06:33 AM

yea..

I really don't feel like doin all this work and then not being able to get what i paid for out of her. The car only has 45k miles on it but it was wrecked....... (salvage title)

I am wondering if i should just put back all the stock parts (already have all of them) and paint it an sell it.....

damn decisions.....

Travis W.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM

anyone know the going price for a s14 that has been converted to s15? MY car only has 45k orignal miles.

Travis W.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:45 PM

Are you looking for a price that would represent your car, because that salvage title is going to pretty much kill your resale value.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:33 AM
Contributing Member

with a salvage title it wont matter how good any of the repairs are done... you could have nissan fix it and it would still ba a slavage title... some people dont care about that but others do... it has been stacked up bad enough to make the insurance companies want to fix it... so that might mean something to other people... you might be able to find a 240 fan that would buy it reguardlessof the title status for a better price than normal but dont expect to get top dollar out of the car that has been totaled...
Old 05-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

Salvage title basically means that the damage to the vehicle exceeded the current market value, therefore insurance companies file for the salvage title and cut u a check instead of paying the higher price for repairs. For any 240, except the 97-98 S14a's, jus a good key mark and a dent the size of a softball on the front fender will total the car. Happened to my 96 S14 Zenki.

Back to the subject, S15 conversion kits from VIS are ok...

DO NOT BUY FROM IMPORTFAN.COM!

The first autobody shop I worked for, we had this kid who jus got a clean Zenki... and he bought the conversion kit off ebay from a guy who got the kit from importfan.com... Man, the fenders did not match period... We ended up cutting off the front section where the S15 headlight would mount to, and fused it to the Stock Zenki fenders that were cut at the same point.

IMO, Id rather do a Kouki conversion from a Zenki. U spend almost the same amount, but u deal with less fiber glass and more OEM quality parts!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

search
Old 05-04-2005, 07:32 AM

i'm in the same situation you are, but my plan is to go with oem s15 metal hood and fenders. i've been searching and reading up but everyone says the same exact thing. as for your questions,

1. everyone keeps mentioning mesa and ic as the best (the only thing holding me back is the price, considering its fiberglass)

2. mesa and chargespeed work on both s13 and s14. i checked with a buddy (deals with versus motorsports, which distributes chargespeed.) chargespeed wants a little over $2000 for the conversion, and that does not include headlights. everyone says you have to pay for a quality kit... but why so expensive? in the end it is just fiberglass.

4. no. when you buy a front clip, its primarily for the enging bay. i wouldnt trust all the bodyparts to be in 100% perfect condition. i highly doubt it'll come with headlights anways.... maybe even the fenders missing. it'll be a waste of money if you're looking to pull the parts off.

if you do "search" all you're going to find is mesa this and mesa that. you'll hear ic thrown around a few times, but what i've seen is that no one has these products. everyone has either gtp, vis, or extreme dimensions fenders. according to them the fenders need to be modified and worked with. so either way i'd say go ahead and order from anyone (other than ebay). even though people complain about the quaility and fitment. in the end their cars turn out all right, and look good. all you really need is someone connected to a bodyshop that can help you out, and you should be good to go. hope that helps.

Last edited by ghostman; 05-04-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:07 PM

I kinda have the same questions... I'm doing research for my boyfriend for his 95 240sx... Here's the scoop. He is doing the RB25 skyline swap and then the s15 front swap. Here's the question... Would it be cheaper for him to get a front clip from an s15 -OR- would he be better off piecing it all together? I found a whole kit from intensemotors.com for $2099.99 plus shipping. Would a front clip be cheaper? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:16 PM

Sizzzooo on the forums used to have an s13.5, at first he ordered, I believe, gtp fenders, they fit like ***...so he went and ordered the masa fenders.

For alero, the front end conversions main part is the fenders, once you have the correct fenders you can use the stock hoods and bumpers, so unless you want to buy a front clip and hope its in good condition and then custom fab the fenders to fit, your going to need conversion fenders. You may also want to get the s15 core support
Old 05-04-2005, 05:46 PM

learn from my experiences dont buy gtp!!! horrible and also dont try making your own, doesnt look right. i am going to buy new fenders. vis racing hood is a good choice and any s15 bumper will do the trick. Check out my car if u need an idea of what work is involved.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=585831
Old 05-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Guys its MASA not mesa.

Last edited by BOMEX180; 05-13-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by alero440
I kinda have the same questions... I'm doing research for my boyfriend for his 95 240sx... Here's the scoop. He is doing the RB25 skyline swap and then the s15 front swap. Here's the question... Would it be cheaper for him to get a front clip from an s15 -OR- would he be better off piecing it all together? I found a whole kit from intensemotors.com for $2099.99 plus shipping. Would a front clip be cheaper? Thanks!
your boyfriend is lucky to have a girl like you. i told my girl about a stock spoiler i was looking at and she asked if i wanted my car to go faster. *sigh*
Old 05-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Contributing Member

Ah, I'd just be glad to have a girl that was down. Triflin' ho's.

...Sorry. Anyway, as for the RB25, it's probably easier to do the swap with the front clip, so you know where everything goes and for the fact that you can take parts that you need from the clip itself than having to buy them, if you need.

As for the S15 front end, you probably shouldn't get a front clip, because the S15 fenders don't match up with the USDM 240sx, if he has an S13 style chasis, he needs the 13.5 fenders, they are custom. If he has the S14 style chasis, then it's the same, only 14.5 fenders. Like stated earlier in this thread, Masa has good fenders, and I've heard good things about IC as well. GTP is crap, as I've learned from my short time here.

If you're getting the S15 SR20 though...it's probably okay to get the front clip.

Thats pretty much all I know.

Quick Reply: s14 to s15 conversion Kit Quality Concerns