Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

s14 to s15 conversion Kit Quality Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Re: s14 to s15 conversion Kit Quality Concerns

Originally posted by illtww
Alrigth Guyz before you start in on the whole "search" for the s14 to s15 conversion, give me a sec.

I am looking for suggestions on where to get the parts needed to do the s14 to s15 conversion. The key here is quality parts to do the conversion.. I was looking at Reaconusa.com and they have some GEART prices for wholesalers but i hea ALOT of neg things reguarding fitment issues/flimzsy etc...

Here are my Q's.

WHat is the best other than OEM conversion fenders on the market right now?

I have heard mesa and chargespeed mentioned but are these only for the s13 conversions?

3. I really don't feal liek having a half-assed s14 conversion. This is going to be somewhat of a show car so i want it to look good!!

Would i be better off paying extra and getting A WHOLE FRONT CLIP from an s15 and then doing the conversion?

Just get the conversion from ChargeSpeed. Since its a show car, the conversion is widebody. Let me know if youre interested so that I can tell my buddy to hook you up.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:47 AM

^ how much can you get the kit for? i've checked and my buddy (deals with chargespeed) said that the kit is a little over $2000 and that does not include headlights. according to them its a true bolt on kit with no modifications required. thats what everyone says though.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Contributing Member

i have a set of s14.5 fenders for sale

viet_nismo@hotmail.com
Old 05-23-2005, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by ghostman
according to them its a true bolt on kit with no modifications required. thats what everyone says though.
You're right to be apprehensive.
There is NO SUCH THING as a bolt on S15 conversion, I don't care what the ads say... they ALL require some work to look professional... but hey, if ghetto fab is your thing, then sure, they're ALL bolt-on right?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:13 PM

^yeah tell me about it. i just dont understand how a conversion can cost that much when ALL the parts are fiberglass... i could understand if they were at least metal fenders and hood.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

the cost of metal fenders will raise the price a lot higher

so you want that?

why do poeple complain about the kit being fiberglass? it makes no sense.

front bumper is aftermarket so its fiberglass, understandable

hood is CF understandable

fenders is fiberglass, people whine and cry. do you not know those fiberglass fenders are 20mm wider? go look at any car make and look at their wide fenders, they are fiberglass!!

poeple who own koukis or s13s or waever, whenever they go wider, its fiberglass, but nobody ever *****es and cries cuz its fiberglass, but only cry and moan when the conversion fenders are fiberglass

get over it. if you cant handle the fact that it cost that much and its fiberglass fenders, the conversion isnt for you.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by silviadriver

so you want that?

fenders is fiberglass, people whine and cry. do you not know those fiberglass fenders are 20mm wider? go look at any car make and look at their wide fenders, they are fiberglass!!

poeple who own koukis or s13s or waever, whenever they go wider, its fiberglass, but nobody ever *****es and cries cuz its fiberglass, but only cry and moan when the conversion fenders are fiberglass

get over it. if you cant handle the fact that it cost that much and its fiberglass fenders, the conversion isnt for you.
Amen Brother!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 PM

^ how much can you get the kit for? i've checked and my buddy (deals with chargespeed) said that the kit is a little over $2000 and that does not include headlights. according to them its a true bolt on kit with no modifications required. thats what everyone says though.
I can get the kit for 1915 which includes:

Front bumper
Front fenders
Side Skirts
Rear bumper
OEM s15 fiberglass hood.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:59 AM

main concern for s15 conversions are the fenders..i have gtp fenders and yes..they are crap..but if brought to a nice body shop..it can be fixed..as explained on homer240sx's cardomain...shouldn't cost u that much...

the chargespeed conversion fenders are nice..but i dont like the sidemarker hole thats already drilled by the headlights..looks ugly to me..

the hood can be purchased by either VIS or Seibon..i have the seibon one and it fits pretty nice..

the front bumper..i would suggest version select or origin..i just recently purchased the origin, so if anyone wants the infamous "drift" bumper..im selling for $50 local in chicago =)

headlights..just get from courtesyparts.com..prolly like 560 for the pair..
Old 05-29-2005, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by silviadriver

so you want that?

i would gladly pay more for metal. price isnt the issue..... but not for cheap fiberglass. but then you cant get over the fact that fenders fit like crap trying 2 or 3 different types? no thanks. i rather spend my money wisely and not throw it away.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

i would gladly pay more for metal. price isnt the issue..... but not for cheap fiberglass. but then you cant get over the fact that fenders fit like crap trying 2 or 3 different types? no thanks. i rather spend my money wisely and not throw it away.
if money isnt an issue and you would glady pay more for metal, then why even bother researching for different types of fenders available? go out get urself metal fenders cut adn weld.

who said i cant get over the fact that fiberglass fendres fit like crap?? i never said fiberglass fenders fit like a rubber glove.

who said you need to try 2-3 different fenders? you only need to try one and thats Masa.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 PM

I have a Chargespeed front for my 95 and it is a true bolt on. as for having fiberglass front fenders, that wouldn't bother me. They are way easier to repair when a jackass hits you at work doing doughnuts in reverse in the parking lot, or when you hit something on the road.