Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

s15 install

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 05:38 AM
Contributing Member

do you have any problems with the headlight stability?

like when i drive at nite, its almost like i can see my light beam boucing around. Its not bad, just annoying
Old 09-25-2003, 05:57 AM

hey s14.5 boy... thanks for the link... this is great.. i got my vis kit in this week and some shop here wanted 2000-3000 just to put it on and another 3-4000 to paint the car!!! imma try to do it my self now.. anyways.. the little bar that hold the s15 headlight... im using my s14 one, will that work with a lil modification or not at all... did u make new holes for your fender and headlight bolts... also, which one is the s15 lowbeam??? it is the projector or the one light towards the inner of the car???
Old 09-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by igotswansons
hey s14.5 boy... thanks for the link... this is great.. i got my vis kit in this week and some shop here wanted 2000-3000 just to put it on and another 3-4000 to paint the car!!! imma try to do it my self now.. anyways.. the little bar that hold the s15 headlight... im using my s14 one, will that work with a lil modification or not at all... did u make new holes for your fender and headlight bolts... also, which one is the s15 lowbeam??? it is the projector or the one light towards the inner of the car???
No prob man I'm not sure what headlight bar your talking about, but if your talking about were the headlight bolts up to the radiator support on the inside, i had to cut a notch out maybe like a half inch square to fit the notch that comes out from the s15 bracket, there is a picture of it on this thread maybe the third post. For those fenders i used the holes from the stock locations, but keep in mind that i am getting new fenders fabricated for the car (wich will be ready tomorrow ) For the top of the headlights i had to drill new holes to mount the lights. The s15 low beam is the projector. Sorry kinda broad right now, when i get my car back tomorrow i can take any pictures you want!!
Old 09-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Sizzzoooo
do you have any problems with the headlight stability?

like when i drive at nite, its almost like i can see my light beam boucing around. Its not bad, just annoying
My headlights are fine, its just that i have to get used to the beam its kinda wiered. when it hits the groung kinda looks something like this ----/___. But no matter how much you adjust them it wont go away, because in japan the beam shines on the street signs ont the other side of the road
Old 09-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by s14.5boy
My headlights are fine, its just that i have to get used to the beam its kinda wiered. when it hits the groung kinda looks something like this ----/___. But no matter how much you adjust them it wont go away, because in japan the beam shines on the street signs ont the other side of the road
that sucks kinda...wouldnt that really **** off the drivers goin the other way? also, maybe someone could find a way to adjust the projection angle of the projector beams...just some food for thought...if i had a s15 headlight, i could see what i could do with it...but i dont, so...
Old 09-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

Thats the problem with getting any JDM headlights..they always shine a lil on the left. I dont think anyone has tried doing sumthing to it so it would point straight forward. And it would **** people off on the other side of the road..well at least i would be lol.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

Id rather **** them off at least i'll have an s15 conversion and they'll have nothing but my s15 lights shinnin in their eyes
Old 09-25-2003, 02:48 PM

im talking about the reinforcement bar u suggested we use from the s15... will the s14 work too??? what mods does it require???? what do u mean new fabbed fenders??? did u buy the metal s15 ones and getting those welded or just modding your gtp ones??? can i see pics of all the mounting points for the lights... epsecially that notch u speak of.. thanks for all ur help and these helpful pics..
Old 09-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Oh the bumper bar from the S15 is probably a must you can get it from SPW or your local performance shop for about 250. The s14 bar wont work because of the fitment of the s15 bumper. I am getting new fenders fabed by using my stock s14 ones all the way from the back until the wheel well ends, then the GTP fiberglass front part for the headlights is being added. I'll get some pix for you as soon as i get my car back tomorrow so check back then!!
Old 09-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Contributing Member

well about the beam pattern, it does look weird, its almost like it has a nipple at the top of the beam

anyways, when my lights are on, they DONT blind anyone. The projector beams only blind if the drivers are lower than me.

To other drivers, it just looks like a bulb shining behind a glass window, no glare at all.

anyways, i wanna see some pix man!
Old 09-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

I'll get my car back tomorrow for sure and the i'll shoot away with my cam!
Old 09-28-2003, 12:02 AM

damn, the suspense is killing me!!! how did the fenders go... ive never heard of people putting fiberglass on metal.. o well.. let us know how it turns out with pics?? thanks
Old 09-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

Well, ive been out all day floosin and jus got home its like 12:30 and i just snaped a quick pic to wet you wistle. There is still some minor work that needs to be done but i really dont care. I'll get more pix up soon but i have to work tomorrow so maybe on monday hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails s15 install-dsc00927.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by s14.5boy
Well, ive been out all day floosin and jus got home its like 12:30 and i just snaped a quick pic to wet you wistle. There is still some minor work that needs to be done but i really dont care. I'll get more pix up soon but i have to work tomorrow so maybe on monday hopefully.
its a beautiful thing man...
Old 09-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

i wanna see what they had to do to your fenders man..lol

Quick Reply: s15 install