Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

the Scabd 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:02 PM

the Scabd 240sx

Since I'm generally doing stuff to my car, I decided to make a single thread and just keep it organized....

The wheels are finally finished and on the car They sure sit much better then the old wheels. Also decided to fab myself up a hood. Not to shabby for the first time working with metal and umm 4th time welding. Car is getting close, now it's time to locate a complete 180sx body kit (not aftermarket knockoff, the real deal). Oh and get my quaterglass windows install. Tomorrow I'm having my exhaust redone, 4 years of dirt road abuse has taken it's tole.

Sebring (a division of Rays Engineering) 16x7 and 16x8 Wheels

There's the hood

Hopefully the new exhaust will sit further of the ground I can drop the car a bit lower, remember I live on a crappy dirt road.

Engine profile. 180sx Sr with 32.5k miles currently on it. Purchased back in Feb/Mar of 2005

I love the satin paint

Powerbass 400.2 in the back seat powering a single Vibe 10" sub.

Maybe my next hood attempt will turn out better, but not to bad this time.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 AM

Not too shabby on the hood fab there man, I don't think I could do one that good on my first try.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:21 PM

It may have been a little better if I had more time. But I've got a SCCA Divisional this coming weekend so I didn't have the time to keep working on it. I did get my exhaust fixed today, finally. Got it raised up about 3 inches (it's sagged a bit in 4 years) and put a resonator in. Isn't as quite as I had hoped but it does remove the little bit of raspy sound that comes from 4 bangers.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scabd
It may have been a little better if I had more time. But I've got a SCCA Divisional this coming weekend so I didn't have the time to keep working on it. I did get my exhaust fixed today, finally. Got it raised up about 3 inches (it's sagged a bit in 4 years) and put a resonator in. Isn't as quite as I had hoped but it does remove the little bit of raspy sound that comes from 4 bangers.
Ah cool dude, do you club race or autox? I'm down at the track every month doin autox, but once a year or so I splurge a bit and do the track, I'll admit track is a lot more fun, but a lot more expensive, and with autox I don't have to worry about wrecking my car.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:09 AM

I run AutoX, out of the Ozark Mountain Region. Here are the only photos I have from last year. I ran run event, blew up my p/s rack. Then with work last year I missed the rest of the events.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM

NICE! Finally a fellow autox'er! I thought I was the only one that autox'd with a 240, so where exactly is the Ozark Mountain region located?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Basically springfield, missouri. I think all of our races are in Neosho, MO this year though. This coming weekend we have our first Divisional race so I have to get my car stickered up for it tomorrow. SafeRacer was kind enough to hand me the stickers I need. Never done a Divisional race before, new to the whole mandatory stickers thing. Have to have a national sponsor logo and the SCCA logo on my car and it's not like I can have it match the car, has to be "official" stickers to count....
Old 04-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hatrick6
NICE! Finally a fellow autox'er! I thought I was the only one that autox'd with a 240, so where exactly is the Ozark Mountain region located?

wtf u know i auto-x
Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by battosaii930

wtf u know i auto-x
Well ya, but I didn't think you did it much, do you?

I'm jealous that you get to do a divisional event man, we don't have any here in AZ, the closest one is in San Diego, CA and unfortunately I couldn't afford to go this year

Last edited by hatrick6; 04-21-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm excited as hell. A bit nervous about it actually, I'm 27 and I'm more nervous about the rain that is expected then when I got married a few months ago, lol.

My goal is just not to get a DNF and to not get absolute last place. The only event I attended last year my first run was my fastest. I took it easy and made sure not to hit cones. After that I didn't give a crap and started throwing cones. I improved my time by 4 seconds or something like that by the end but hit 4-5 cones lol.

It's not like I just tagged them, I mean ran some of the dead over. I remember where the front tire is, but in my mind I lose track of the back tires and thump. Stupid slaloms!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 AM

Haha, ya it takes time and learning. I've been autox'n almost 2 years now and I can still only score ~910-920, I need to figure out why I have plateau'd and get better because I want to be a competitor in divisional and tour events.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

I been auto-xing in my s14s since 2006.....next event is at homestead speedway this sunday

Annyway welcome man
Old 04-22-2010, 02:41 PM

oh well my bad dude, I'll make sure to recognize from now on
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 PM

Wow this weekend was...different I guess. MidDiv #1 is now over. I've never ran in the rain before and when it's pissing rain and there is a ton of water on the track already, lets just say I'm not at my best lol.

Not only did I get my first DNF, got 3 DNFs on the first day (out of 4 runs). Needless to say I sucked. With a rush of logoing the car and putting my numbers on I didn't get to walk the course. So when I went out there and couldn't see with the rain the sea of cones looked just that lol. Drove off course 3 times lol.

Day two went well. Just because I made an *** of myself the first day I decided to take it easy the first run. Overall my fastest time was a 46.6 +0. Fastest time that I saw was a 37 something. I didn't do all that well but I had a blast.

As soon as whoever was out there taking pictures starts putting them up on the net I'll post em up here.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Good stuff man, you should sell your creations, I'd pay money to have something not a lot of people have. My car is case and point

LOL!

Nah but seriously, I'm digging the paint and SOLO FTW . . .fun times indeed.