Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Sleepy eye methods...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 05:54 PM

Sleepy eye methods...

I was just wondering whats the cheapest way to do the sleepy eye effect...i heard something about cutting a brown wire or something but i dunno the word "cutting" sounds wrong....anyway can u guys let me know what methods i have?

P.S. right now when i press the button both headlights open but when i press it again only one closes...anyone know whats up with that?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

Search around. Its been covered a lot. If only one light is going down, check the fuses.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:37 PM

ohh my bad...i know its been talked about alot but i dont want to spend 50 dollars for a controller..i wanted to do that custom method its just i dont know what fuse to take out..dunno what it looks like...anyone have a pic of it? ohhh and where are those "fuses" located? Would i need to replace them?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

The fuses are under the hood and by the driver kick panel. The cheapest method by far is the cutting of the brown wire. It's free. Just pull out the toggle switvh for the lamps, and cut the only solid brown wire. And there you go.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Contributing Member

the cheapest way is to go under the hood and open the fuse box on the passenger side and remove your headlight motor fuse the go and turn your headlights on they should turn on but the lights wont flip up then tap the fuse back in till the lights come up to what you want then leave the fuse on the side in an empty fuse bay then you can turn your lights off and on but the lights wont move up and down its a rig job but it works for me
Old 04-01-2005, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member

or you can unplug the wires at the headlight motors... then adjust them by hand to the hight you want them to be... they wont ever go up or down but the lights will come on with them sittin low... i had mine like that for a while but until i make a new panel under the car to hide all the light commin from under the bumper i pluged em back in...here are a few pics of it...
http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...threadid=20096
Old 04-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Contributing Member

wikd240 what a brain storm hide the fog lights im so doin that lol

i hate how all these new fogs look like blue and ****..
Old 04-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Contributing Member

why not just buy a toggle switch and splice the 2 wires?
Or do you just want it to sit like that during the day or for night driving too?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Look for the only 5 amp fuse in the fuse box on the driver's side kick pannel. Careful. Make sure the fuses are put in correctly. Mine were not (idiots). Just put a switch in between the fuse and the plug. Figure it out its not that hard. There was already a switch on the fuse cover so I used that one. The switch cuts off the power whenever you want it to stop. This way I stay inside the car and I could turn on the lights like Wikd 240 Or you could just cut the brown wire. There are millions of methods.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:48 PM

what i was thinking about is a button that will allow the headlights to go from sleepy eye mode to full highlights open mode... so basically it never closes fully
Old 04-02-2005, 01:52 AM
Contributing Member

^There is something like that but too damn expensive for looks man just make a toggle switch
Old 04-02-2005, 04:26 AM
Contributing Member

i could sit in my car... i unpluged the light motors and they stayed where i left them... with my fog lights and the way i had them aimed i could see just fine... it is all in the way you want to do it... i did not mind mine staying up all the time... i just mind the light shining under my car as bright as it shined forward...
Old 04-03-2005, 08:27 PM

"or you can unplug the wires at the headlight motors..."

today i unscrewed the grounding wire for the headlight motors but that didnt work...so im still looking for this brown wire everyones talking about...u know the button that you press in order for the headlights to come up or down, i pop that button out and the brown wire is behind it? I also looked at the driver side kick panel and there is a bunch of colorful wires all tied together..or is it there?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:39 AM

pull out the headlight up and down buttom on the left of your dash, mine was a brownish/orangish color, cut and tape
Old 04-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Contributing Member

huh?? ^^^

Quick Reply: Sleepy eye methods...