Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Sleepy eye methods...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:15 AM

1. On the dash there is the headlight up/down button (not the switch on the steering column, the button to the left of the column with either the blank button or cruise control underneath it).

2. Pull that button out (may be tough at first but just tug and wiggle it, it'll come out).

3. Once it is out you will see several different color wires coming from behind the dash going to the button. There will be a brown wire.

4. Cut the brown wire.

5. Wrap the ends with electrical tape or put on the little wire cap things and your done.

reason the other one sounded funny was because I was just replying to what Hyaline said
Old 04-04-2005, 10:26 AM

Does anybody know of a better way, like if i shortened the headlight-to-motor linkage then repositioned the arm on the motor so the lights can go down properly and when the headlights are on then go sleepy. because i rather have that and then convert to a homemade projection light setup, so my lights still go all the way down and flip up just enough (3") to reveal the projection lights.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:25 PM

quick stupid question

does any switch work or i should get say for example a 6 amp toggle switch or something

does it matter since were puttin one to the 5 amp wire
Old 04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Contributing Member

91coupe messing with the linkage would cause the headlights to do some funny things... but none of them would allow it to have the sleepy eye mod and close fully whenthey are off... shortening the linkage would lift the headlight when it is closed... but then it would try to force it down when it went around for the next time it was to open... i tried it and broke the little plastic brackets that hole the rod onto the headlight bucket...
Old 04-05-2005, 03:16 PM

have u guys did the stoggle switch to the 5 am fuse in the kick panel

does sleepy eyes wit lights on

if any does it matter on wat switch u use??
Old 04-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

No, as long as it cuts the current, you're good.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:41 PM

hey guys i cut the brown wire today...and i manually moved the headlights to sleepy eye position but when i turn on my lights they open up again...how could i get the lights to turn on in sleepy eye position? cutting the brown wire doesnt do that?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:01 PM

no u got to do it they way i am goin to do it

buy puttin a toggle switch where the 5 amp fuse is in the fuse box by ur left foot in the car

put a swtich and u should be able to get sleepy eyes wit lights on
theres a write up on nissan forums
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=59808
Old 04-11-2005, 09:59 PM

just cut brown wire tape it then set the headlamps manually to how u want them and disconnect the motors. thats what i did. but i had to get some projetor fog lamps to help out though. i like it
Old 04-12-2005, 01:13 AM

im gonna put an actuator under each light to push it up and down halfway and ditch the whole motor sh*t. the only junk thing about this is that actuators only open at 1" per second... =P
Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 PM

how do u disconnect the motors? how many screws and which screws? cuz last time i took out that screw on top of the grounding wire for the motor but when i turned on my headlights the *****es still opened up lol
Old 04-12-2005, 01:37 PM

dont disconnect the motors. u'll regret it when its dark and raining, and ur headlights r pointing straight at the ground.....
Old 04-15-2005, 03:58 PM

aight people...i've done it...look at the link that PORTION posted...thats what i did! it's a pretty tuff space to get to but it is possible..and when u get it, it's well worth it!!! it's not hard so just do it this way and stop tryin to find out different ways to do this, n HYALINE, dont disconect the motors, trust me this is easy...dont do it half way, go the whole nine yards cause its worth it! thx PORTION!
Old 04-15-2005, 04:36 PM

yea no prob
i think thats the best way
i have yet to do mines though

not sure where i want to install the swtich

where did u put yours?
show some pics!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Contributing Member

so with the brown wire mod there's no switches are anything right? Its 100% free. Just cut, tape, and adjust manually? I'm fine with them wide open when the lights are on...

Quick Reply: Sleepy eye methods...