Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Winter 08 build: The track package

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Contributing Member

nope im running 10psi with my gt2871R (wich was a bolt on) and my AFR is perfect also pulls harder then the stock t25 at 15 psi
Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
nope im running 10psi with my gt2871R (wich was a bolt on) and my AFR is perfect also pulls harder then the stock t25 at 15 psi
Old 02-26-2009, 09:45 PM

More work done:

Got most of the intercooler mounted up. Straight forward stuff.

Step 01:
Find yourself a white boy. Check

Next have him do manual labor while you drink margaritas. Go Ed GO!

Mount intercooler:

Finished up the remote oil filter. Ran most of the cold and hot pipe stuff. 1 T clamp refuses to go on with the silicone couplers.

Crappy square hole we made for the cold pipe. Braille battery next to the pipe. The cables will reach. Not the prettiest, but it'll work.

Hot pipe. It will finally be recirculated! THANK GOD!

1 T clamp and the intercooler is done. I need to trim the bumper support, and the bumper, and then it's done!

Tools to help, since I tortured my dremel with all my ****ty bracket making. I replaced it with something more up to the task

Ingersoll Rand 326 with 3" cut off wheel. Metal has met it's match.

Ingersoll Rand 3108. Die grinder.

The extra tool purchases set me behind a bit, but it'll save me from having to take my bumper support to someone to cut for me. Plus I love air tools.

Many thanks to Ed for helping me out with the intercooler install, went much quicker with him there. He's Eds13 on most of the Nissan forums.

Thanks for looking.

More pix here.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Contributing Member

Man this has come together so very well. Watching your setup get upgraded is making me want to, at the very least, go frontmount especially since I followed yours so closely from the beginning. Bumnah awesome show great job!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:38 PM

Thanks man. My swap isn't nearly as clean as yours. You've replaced all the stuff that should be replaced. I only went 40%.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:24 PM

Had some free time so I took care of a few things.

Ran most of the vacuum hoses.
Recirculated the BOV
Cut some tubing as trimming for some edges.
Small stuff, but stuff that needed to be done.

Pix:

Ran the piping for the Oil catch can.

Used a radiator hose to recirculate the BOV. There is a slight kink, but it'll have to do. It should be fine as is, we'll find out.

Another shot of the recirculated BOV. I'm so glad it's finally recirculated!

I also ran all the vacuum lines for everything except for the wastegate. I'm just waiting on the boost controller to arrive. I already know how I'll mount it, and where I'll mount it.

I tried to finish up all the small thing and tidy up the bay a bit. There are hoses running every which way. Real mean don't tuck wires.

I cut up some old vacuum hose to run along the edge of the hotpipe hole.

I did the same for ghetto oil cooler mount. It had some jagged edges, last thing I needed was for one of the oil lines to get punctured by 'em. I also ran a cut up hose along the edge of the radiator where the lines may rub against as well. I even cut up some rubber tubing and covered some exposed bolts.

After the lines were run, I went to Lowe's and bought some pieces to make a battery tie down. I'm using a 6" long threaded rod. I will use nuts and lock washers to screw it to bottom of the battery tray/frame. Then bend a piece of aluminum plate to hold down the battery. Total cost $3. Eventually I'd like to do a relocation for the battery behind the passenger seat.

Enjoy.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

good stuff man get it done
Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM

So, I've actually been working on the car, sort of. The garage was a mess; tools everywhere, trash thrown about. I had to clean it up. It was taking forever to do the most minor things. Plus I've been saving up money to purchased the last bits from SPL Parts for my suspension pieces. I may just put everything on my card and push for a completion. Although I hate doing that. We'll see how it pans out.

The t-bolt clamps I needed arrived too, so the inter-cooler setup should be taken care of this weekend. I also started making my own battery tie down for the Braille. I could do it, but it wouldn't look good. I just wound up ordering a Braille tie down yesterday. Quick, and it'll look good.

Pix:

Cleaned up my work table. Before you couldn't even see the surface, because it was filled with so much trash.

Ditched the electornic boost controller for a manual. Glad I did, so much simpler. Simpler is better.

Perrin manual boost controller

I was going to make a custom bracket and all that jazz. While cleaning up I found this little gem. Figured I could use it for something, did know it be this quick.

Perrin mounted:

Perrin plumbed:

Redline MT-90 & 75W90

Braille battery tie down should be here tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend I'll cut up my reinforcement bar, and bumper.

More updates soon.

As always pix here.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Contributing Member

is red line good? im running the Royal Purple 75-90 gear oil in my transmission and although i did not like the motor oil (dont know why feels like my motors runs smoother with mobile 1) i love the gear oil my transmission is so smooth and remember i drained it and let it sit for almost 2 years.

i filled with the royal purple and i drove it for the first time and not 1 grind or anything
Old 03-11-2009, 10:40 PM

I think Redline is fine. It's all I've ever used in my SR tranny. I can't comment on the Royal Purple tranny/diff fluid, no personal experience. I run Royal Purple oil in my SR. I use 15w40.

My 5th gear grinds a little, but if I shift into it slowly, no grinds. I've thought about mixing in Heavy shock proof with the MT90 for tranny, but I'm scared to try different cocktails of tranny fluid. I'm satisfied, as is.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member

i've heard better things about redline than royal purple but that's just hear say though.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

well with royal purple there is a noticeable temperature difference in the transmission. wearing shorts i notice my right leg does not get as hot as it used when i used normal gear oil in my tranny in the SR and KA.

dont know if that makes any difference at all lol
Old 03-12-2009, 07:24 AM

A part of me wants to say the temperature difference was more mental than physical.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Are you seeing a lot of difference since you recirculated the BOV? I thought about doing mine.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:14 AM

Couldn't tell you, I haven't even cranked the motor since November.

If you're experiencing any or some of the following, try recirculating:

- Fire out the muffler
- Constant back firing
- Stalls out when coming to a red light
- "Bucking" of the car when getting off the throttle at high rpms, and while driving the car.

Personally, I regret not having recirculated from day one. If you're running a MAF stick with recirculating. Moving the MAF post BOV is an option as well, but there's debate on how that affects the system as well. If I ever man up to a stand alone system, I'm going to switch to a MAP sensor setup, and not worry about recirculating. Other wise I'm keeping it.

Quick Reply: Winter 08 build: The track package