my little project...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:57 PM

wow that looks like a really good project car. I actually think its a great start. not too bad that you cant rebuild. GL
Old 07-20-2008, 11:18 PM

thanks. i was sad when i had to let my first sr240 go. but this was defently a very good deal for me, ive already done everything. i just need to have someone to pull the frame and core support which is getting done on the 23rd. then itll be on the road by the 27th andd i cant wait
Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 AM

Nice!! Keep us posted for sure. Wow so after the frame is pulled its basically the body panels getting replaced and bumper huh? thats pretty sick; bet you cant wait to feel the sr rip again huh?
Old 07-21-2008, 07:21 PM

omg yea dude, but i went to put on the nismo powerbrace and everythings tweaked too bad, i hope that collision place has a flat bed truck. but im really bummed about that but theyll fix it but im running out of time before i have to go get it inspected and title transfered. ill take some more pics tomorow. also got the new intercooler, couplers, and t-bolt clamps today. but i defently cant wait to drive it, im not gonna rip on it right away cuz its got about 500 miles on the motor
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 AM

Oh Snap, so its a salvage title? Be sure to keep and take all receipts with you for inspection! If not,you may be coming home without a car!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 AM

haha no, its a clean title. im takin some pics right now
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM

friends spare wheel..

junk yard stuff. $110!!! lol only one dent on each fender thats small

backshot, apexi catback

Nismo powerbrace everythings so outta wack that it wont bolt on tho

new intcooler, lil bigger the the vspl. and tbolt clamps and 6 ply couplers

ill get more pics once the flatbed comes to get it. Thanks AA Precise Collision and Audrey!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:15 PM

off to AA Precise..

she looks soo good
Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

ah i say first mod is to get rid of those rear wheels lol
Old 07-22-2008, 07:16 PM

ohh yess lol my friend gave me all 4 of "spare" im using which is in that pic so ill use those for a while. but i just found out today i ordered the wrong size couplers well ill send em back and get the right size
Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 PM

well i went to AA Precise today, talked to Aundrey. the total is 1150 for the repair and itll take about a month. but thats actually pretty good cuz there was more damage then i seen before but im getting a discount so its all good aND im getting a brand new upper/lower core support but i cant waittttttt. OH i gEt a question and i hope someone can answer it. I BOUGHT IT ON THE 11TH AND THE BMV SAID I HAVE 30 DAYS TO GET IT INSPECTED AND HAVE THE TITLE TRANSFERED. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET MORE TIME??????????
Old 07-24-2008, 01:56 AM

wow thats a hella good price for all that work! cant wait to see the after!! and jee I wish I know the answer to your question. hmm you're in ohio...maybe you can look up the laws on the dmv's website?!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:36 PM

i already checked, but my friend slashed out the 11 on the date of purchase and put a 30 on there and it looks just like the old hand writing so its all good. ill have the car back in less then a month, brand new core support and the frame was tweaked worse then i thought so it was like 1150 estimante which is still good with me. ill go over to the shop when there actually working on it and get some pics for ya guys, i cant wait to see it again.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Went to AA Precise today an got a couple pics...

Old 07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by battosaii930
damn 460 isnt good enought for you? i would just fix what needs to be fixed with the motor fix front end then do coilovers

my sr has been sitting in my shed for also 2 years now being made for high response 300-350hp somtimes i wish i should have just slapped a GT30 and called it a day would have been done long time ago but i know i will be happy when my motor is in....almost there might be going in next month!
Not thread jacking, but Batto, imma have to IM you tonight about what you did to your SR, I'm planning to build an SR soon (no its not going into the GS LOL) But yeah, Im looking for a super responsive motor as well.

Back on topic, sweet Jesus! I hate bondoed parts! I guess youre gonna be using a orbital sander with like 80 grit sandpaper to get all the crap off the chassis huh? LOL

I just like to get things to fit on the car perfectly and then rivet or tap screw them in at places that are not too noticable. Other spots Id use some thin double sided 3M tape and call it a day.

Other then that, I thnk you walked away with a sweet deal! Keep us posted bro!

BTW, You know a guy nammed Adam Tripp?

EDIT: You could ask for an extension on registering your car, call up DMV and they'll tell you what you need to do and what to bring in to get things started on the transfer.

Last edited by NiSmO Knight; 07-28-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: my little project...