s14 redtop swap problems you might get

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:42 AM

s14 redtop swap problems you might get

I have a 95 240SX SE
I bought a Redtop S13 SR
Bought all the install kits for everything I needed.

Here are the problems I ran into.

The s13 to s14 heater hose kit has the right bends, but the hoses are too small in diameter to fit the S14 heater core hose nipples. Wider diameter hoses are needed.

The intercooler core will not bolt directly up. had to make brakets to line it up or have the intercooler core at a slight angle.

The intercooler piping on the hot side would line up, but the coupler is too short to connect the piping. A longer coupler is needed.

btw i have the greddy specm intercooler kit for the s13.

there are prolly more problems I had, but these were the most annoying to me.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 AM

about the intercooler u said u bought a s13 kit when u have a s14? that may be the fitment issue i honestly dont know if theres any difference
Old 04-06-2008, 09:03 AM

Help asap! need lwer harness diagram and ig. chip placment

Ok guys I'm trying to get this thing cranked up today. there are only 2 issues i'm having.

where does the stock s13 redtop ignitor chip bolt up?

and they told me to use my ka lower engine wiring harness, can i get a diagram to see where each connector and ground goes? also, do I have to splice the sr sensors onto the ka lower wiring harness? someone said it connects right up...
Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 AM

redtop to s14 wiring problems!

please help me with these.

where does this ignitor chip really go, because my harness is not giving me many options on placment?

Can someone label each connector on this lower engine harness. NOTE this is the KA lower engine harness, my sr didnt come with one. Will i have to splice connectors to this harness?

What is this? it is next to the front horn.

Can you tell me what sensors these are? they are on trans.

and this one with the yellow wires?

and this cylinder shaped one?

on the main engine harness what are these connectors?

and on the lower engine harness, what are these? they are before the alternator and starter, but after the + terminal.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Redtop to S14 heater hose mistake help!

Ok so i put my U shaped heater hose on the wrong pipe. oops! so what i found out where it goes now, but can you guys help me with a few things...

pic 1

pic 2

Old 04-10-2008, 06:53 AM

SR no fuel or fire. help.

Ok here is the situation. I have a s13 redtop motor in my s14 chassis.

i can crank the motor over. it turns over, but has no fuel and the coil packs arent firing.

here is the deal. first i checked the fuel pump relay for the no fuel problem. turns out if i jump the relay the pump kicks on and provides fuel.

then i checked the ecu theree is no power switching the ECCS relay on. i also thought that the ecu is suppose to have a led on it that is either on or flashing, but i dont have any lights on it.

I have a MINES tuned 62 ECU.

the engine schematics that i tried looking at are of a stock 95 240sx. so obviously some things are different. from what i can see... it's like the the ecu isnt getting its power and then in turn not controlling the engine components.

has anyone run into a problem like this before? i could figure it out a lot faster if I had the right wiring diagrams. can anyone provide a S13 Redtop SR20DET wiring diagrams so I can run some electrical tests on the harness and such?

any input would help a lot...

*************************EDIT********************* ******
Ok found the problem... and no it wasnt the CAS. it was the main engine harness dash connector... the clip didnt pull it far enough into the connector so the ecu or anything wasnt getting any power.
also the check engine light does not come on in my car so i'm not sure the whole "if your MIL light doesnt turn on your ecu is not getting power" thing is correct or not, but there is a led that turns on when the ecu has power.

Last edited by JonathanRuiz; 04-10-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: fixed the problem...
Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 AM

I know you're questioning the power to the ECCS relay, but the symptoms you've described also describe a bad CAS or a disconnected CAS.

Is your Check Engine Light turning on when you key on? That would be a good indication to weather the ECU has power or not. Also, check your fuses.

Edit:
Who did your wiring? The ECU gets its power through the smaller 12-pin(???) plug that is next to the main ECU plug. If you don't have the tied into the S-14 chassis, the ECU won't trigger anything.

Edit again:
Apparently there is an LED on the ECU, edited to prevent the spread of misinformation.

Last edited by SuperHatch; 04-10-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Club240 Staff

On the s13 ecu there is a led and it should light up. If you are getting power to the ecu., it would sound like a CAS problem as mentioned. If you are nto getting power to the ecu, it is a relay or main fuse most likely. Check your large fusable links and your ecu fuse
Old 04-10-2008, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by SuperHatch
Is your Check Engine Light turning on when you key on? That would be a good indication to weather the ECU has power or not. Also, check your fuses.
funny thing... my check engine light does NOT come on on the acc or on position.

Originally Posted by SuperHatch
Who did your wiring? The ECU gets its power through the smaller 12-pin(???) plug that is next to the main ECU plug. If you don't have the tied into the S-14 chassis, the ECU won't trigger anything.
Performance shop in ATL, GA called Killswitch performance. they specialize in various nissan swaps.
do you have a pic and/or diagram of the line i need to tie into the chassis? and do you mean it needs to plug into chassis power or chassis ground.

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
On the s13 ecu there is a led and it should light up. If you are getting power to the ecu., it would sound like a CAS problem as mentioned. If you are nto getting power to the ecu, it is a relay or main fuse most likely. Check your large fusable links and your ecu fuse
like i said no led lighting up for me. the relays checked out ok, just they arent working when everything is hooked up like the power and ground to engage the relay isnt doing anything.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:55 AM

S13 SR ECU pinout

does anyone have the ecu pinout for the redtop s13. i need to do some diag on my wiring harness and ecu...
Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf...%20DIAGRAM.pdf

i hope this helps some
Old 04-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Club240 Staff

Has the car ever worked, or is this your first time trying. You definitely have a power or ground issue. Did you check all your fuses and fuseable links?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Club240 Staff

We have every s-chassis pinout in our very own resources section

https://www.s-chassis.com/resources/...sx_ECU_Pinouts
Old 04-11-2008, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
Has the car ever worked, or is this your first time trying. You definitely have a power or ground issue. Did you check all your fuses and fuseable links?
I second this...
Old 04-11-2008, 09:20 AM

i got it running, it was the dash connector on the main harness wasnt seated all the way

Quick Reply: s14 redtop swap problems you might get