sr bogging down at low rpm's

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:40 PM

sr bogging down at low rpm's

ok so my problem is that i just finished putting my sr back in after doing some simple maintenence to it over the winter and it starts up fine but when i drive it it starts to stutter and bog down really bad at around 4 grand which is right when it starts to build boost... now this problem only happens under normal driving.. if i accelerate hard it is fine and has no stuttering but since that is bad on gas id like to fix it : ).... so if anyone has any suggestions id really like to know thanks...
Old 04-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Club240 Staff

What are your mods? Did it work before, and if so, what did you do since it last worked? Start by checking your TPS voltages and timing. Makes sure all sensors are connected. Check ECU for codes
Old 04-30-2008, 02:50 PM

last year i ran it basically all stock.. all it had was full exhaust and a front mount.. i took it out to fix a freeze plug that fell out of the back of the head and replace some coolant hoses. The only thing i did different this time was put on a aftermarket intake manifold.. Ive never had this problem before but i will check the TPS and timing... im pretty sure all my sensors and grounds are good so hopefully it is something simple.. thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

Well idk if it would be vacuum lines since you say it works fine when your drive hard, but you might want to check to see if you have a leak anywhere
Old 05-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Club240 Staff

Originally Posted by broke240sx
last year i ran it basically all stock.. all it had was full exhaust and a front mount.. i took it out to fix a freeze plug that fell out of the back of the head and replace some coolant hoses. The only thing i did different this time was put on a aftermarket intake manifold.. Ive never had this problem before but i will check the TPS and timing... im pretty sure all my sensors and grounds are good so hopefully it is something simple.. thanks
Specifically which intake manifold?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:02 PM

the manifold is a cheap ebay one that copied greddy... but anyway i fixed the problem.. over the winter i pulled off the TPS to clean the throttle body and must have put it back on at the wrong angle cause last night i tilted it all the way down and turns out that was the only problem and the car runs fine now... thanks for the help