Starting Problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 PM

Starting Problem!!!!

so i looked at a site it post to get a better i dead of what im taking about but i was checking the timing on my car to see if thats why its wont start but there was a small issue the dots on the cams line up the dot and line on the CAS match up and the drank is set to dead zero but on the chain the dark chains are pushed off to the side pretty bad so i was wondering if anyone knew if since everything but the chain matching up if that does make a difference or not and if not what else made be an issue there is fuel so thats not an issue......??????

here is the site i used as refrence.......
http://www.frsport.com/How-To-Set-Cr...gine_t_25.html

id really appreciate any help thanx
Old 05-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Club240 Staff

If the dark links are not directly above the dots, this means that someone has removed the chain at some point and ignored the dark links putting it back. Not the smartest thing, but not necessarily a problem. So ignore the dark links and look just at the dots to make sure they are where they should be which you say they are. If the CAS lines up as shown, you are set. If it doesnt start still, then move through the series of diagnosing this problem. First thing is to check spark and fuel. Spark is obvious to check, but fuel not as much. You need to make sure you have fuel pressure (while cranking), and that your injectors are firring. To check injectors, you can either use an injector node light, or turn the key to ignition, disconnect the coil packs, pull out the CAS and spin it slowly by hand. You should hear each injector click. If they do not, they may be frozen. To unfreeze, you have one person spinning the CAS slowly while the the other taps the metal injector cap with an extension and hammer lightly.

If both fuel and spark are not present, then you have an electrical problem with the harness, ecu, or CAS, fuse

If no spark only, the problem with the ignition grounds, ignitor, harness, or ecu.

If no fuel pressure, then pump or relay/fuse. Check to see if the pump has power and ground (while cranking)

If no injector, then frozen injectors, bad ground, ecu, harness

If you have both spark and fuel (with full pressure while cranking), then bad gas, bad timing, no compression
Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Ahhh well done Charles... i was waiting for an expert SR guy to come along... I know the basics lol but i have not dabbled with the engines enough.. i learned much quickly.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
If the dark links are not directly above the dots, this means that someone has removed the chain at some point and ignored the dark links putting it back. Not the smartest thing, but not necessarily a problem. So ignore the dark links and look just at the dots to make sure they are where they should be which you say they are. If the CAS lines up as shown, you are set. If it doesnt start still, then move through the series of diagnosing this problem. First thing is to check spark and fuel. Spark is obvious to check, but fuel not as much. You need to make sure you have fuel pressure (while cranking), and that your injectors are firring. To check injectors, you can either use an injector node light, or turn the key to ignition, disconnect the coil packs, pull out the CAS and spin it slowly by hand. You should hear each injector click. If they do not, they may be frozen. To unfreeze, you have one person spinning the CAS slowly while the the other taps the metal injector cap with an extension and hammer lightly.

If both fuel and spark are not present, then you have an electrical problem with the harness, ecu, or CAS, fuse

If no spark only, the problem with the ignition grounds, ignitor, harness, or ecu.

If no fuel pressure, then pump or relay/fuse

If no injector, then frozen injectors, bad ground, ecu, harness

If you have both spark and fuel (with full pressure while cranking), then bad gas, bad timing, no compression

thanx alot bro imma check that out and post back to let yall kow what it was...