Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

5 lug how to for S13

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by iroc07
that stuff from the Z31 doesnt look right????? I could be wrong cause its kinda confusing, but have you used these parts? or did it just look like you think they will work? wondering cause I know where a Z31 is sitting and I could get the whole conversion off of it for not much $$$$ and hook up someone on here.
Haven't done it myself I am staying 4lug big brake.
I have been told that it has been done before, most people don't do the z31 brake just because it really isn't a big brake rotor setup, and have thought that staying 4 lug is more effective at the price.
Most people switching to the 5lug do it for larger rotors and brakes, which is something the z31 doesn't have to offer. There may also be parts involved that weren't discussed.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

with the z32 uprights, besides the weight loss, is there any other benefits? Im planning on getting KTS coilovers before i would do the 5 lug... Brackets for to fit Z32 rear spindle can be put on at time of order, or available separately for $95/set. Because the two different type joints, i could not run these with the regular s13 rear, right?

sh*t... i didnt realize this was so old
Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 PM

If your really worried about saving unsprung wieght from your vehicle and see alot of serious track time and are a total weight saving **** to deem it necessary go with the z32 uprights, otherwise if the car is just a daily driver with 3 weekends a year seeing the track I'd stick with the s13's upright

Last edited by Bryan; 12-20-2005 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

you cant run Z32 uprights with out the lower bracket. No way around it.

just make more horse power and you wont notice the "weight" of stock.

also there is a ball joint insert on the bottom of the Z32 upright that usually is lost sooo you would have to find that piece as well.

not worth it even if you were a "track *****" i never used them and i love the track.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:06 PM

btw i learned today the s15 rear spindle is a direct replacement for the s13 one..after fighting a siezed bearing trying to swap just the hubs, i tried it just for kicks and it bolts right up...i can see no difference whatsoever except the s13 shock mount has a stud on the spindle and a nut and the s15 uses a shaft for it to slide on and a bolt from the back...the diameter of the stud and the shaft is the same though
Old 04-30-2006, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
^^Try to search before you post your questions, just a tip
I've just joined this forum and i've been skimming through TONS of post to learn all i can about my car. I've noticed that everyone says how to search for yourself. 80% of this forum seems to be helping the people that dont no anything, or not about that subject, so whats wrong with that? Let us ask the questions, It gives you something to do
Old 04-30-2006, 07:29 PM

for the most part we dont mind helping people. we were all new at one time. but when you have 6 people in 2 weeks ask the EXACT same thing it gets kinda old. and honestly the best way to learn is to search and read for yourself that way it makes sense to you. if it is a legitimate question expanding on something already discussed i dont mind helping if i can but if it is what rear end can fit in my car, or what does s13 or s14 mean then it gets annoying
Old 08-29-2006, 12:56 AM

i know this thread is old but i have seen a set of 4 hubs on enjuku that convert from 4 to 5 lugs it says that their is no modifications needed infact it sais that its a plug and play part can any of the more experieced members give me some feed back;i really whant to do this modification for the wider the tire the better the stoping and traction for spirited take off hope to hear from you guys
Old 08-29-2006, 01:51 AM

Enjuku has aftermarket hubs that bolt in with no modifications, just take off the old ones and bolt on new ones. You can just buy the fronts and then get rear hubs off of an s14 or N/A Z32.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:01 AM

hicas?

will this work with the hicas also? i was looking at those adapters and was wondering if maybe i should just go with those?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 AM

Yes will work, what adapters are you talking about?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 AM

the hub adapters on jspec.com part http://www.jspec.com/4to5lughub.html
Old 03-06-2007, 07:09 PM

can you fit the 350z - g35 brembos on a s13
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM

They require slightly more work, but they can bolt up. First you need to drill out the caliper mounting holes on the spindle, use a 9/16'ths drill bit. You will also need to either get new mounting bolts (take measurements from old bolts and just get ones with more threads) or add threads to the old z33/g35 mounting bolts. Reason for this is that the threads don't go all the way to the head of the bolt, so it runs out of threads and don't let it bolt right. Also, don't forget you will need Z32 conversion lines for this conversion.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 PM

sorry for the very retarded question here...

so for the rear and front of the s13, u can use the stock hub(hub being the assembly wiht the 5 bolts attached to it?) and needing the front struts only?

second would be...will this hub also work with upgrading to the q45, 300zx, and R32 rotors and calipers?

cuz my previous through of this conversion is that u need the WHOLE assembly form either a 300zx or s14 meaning everything that connects to the brake/wheel assembly

if that were to be true, then when i look for suspension id have to look for either 300zx or s14 suspension parts to fit properly???

for people like me, pictures with circle on them (of needed parts) work better than words
**wins noob award fo the year**

Quick Reply: 5 lug how to for S13