Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

adding parts only to find you need more

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

adding parts only to find you need more

So i just finished installing my tein flexes and tein t/c arms. And as soon as i pull the tire off i notice that my ball joint bushing is completely split around the middle and to top it of my tension bushing is totally screwed only good thing is that i was replacing the tension arm but now i have to get new ball joint. I mean they don't cost much 27 dollars but damn i wanted to check out my new setup not to mention that i have to remove control arm and get the new ball joint pressed in.
Damn i love working on the car.

P.S. If anyone has a write on how to change the tie rod/ends it would be helpful i have those but was gonna let the alignment shop install them.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

Re: adding parts only to find you need more

Originally posted by smokie700
So i just finished installing my tein flexes and tein t/c arms. And as soon as i pull the tire off i notice that my ball joint bushing is completely split around the middle and to top it of my tension bushing is totally screwed only good thing is that i was replacing the tension arm but now i have to get new ball joint. I mean they don't cost much 27 dollars but damn i wanted to check out my new setup not to mention that i have to remove control arm and get the new ball joint pressed in.
Damn i love working on the car.

P.S. If anyone has a write on how to change the tie rod/ends it would be helpful i have those but was gonna let the alignment shop install them.
Tie Rod ends as in where the bushing part is? I know you gotta press them in with a vise or something... heard it's pretty tough to do. Don't the Tein t/c arms already have a pillowball there?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

yes but it was ggod to know thatinstead of upgrading im upgrading a bad part