Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Anyone heard of these coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

Anyone heard of these coilovers?

I have a buddy of mine who gets car parts straight from Japan, and for cheap because he is a dealer. He has owned a couple 600+ hp skylines, 500+ hp Evo's, and currently he has an S15 at 350 hp. He lives here in Virginia, and said he can get me a set of "WAT's" coilovers, he says they are only available in Japan and sell for about $1,599, but he's giving them to me for $600. He said he had a set of WAT's coilovers on his Evo, and he loved them.

So anyone heard of them/got info on them/website??
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

http://www.strikeengine.com/subaru-t...u-impreza.html theres alittle section on WAT in the middle of the page

if you do get them and they are good, could you hook me up with some? i am in va also.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

I checked out their website www.wat.com.tk - couldn't get any info on the coilovers though.

I'll check to see if I can get you a set

Edit:
I found something else on them. Tell me what you guys thing:
# High strength 50mm mono tube design for advanced street use & entry level competition.
# 40-way damping force adjustment (compression & rebound combined). Force/velocity dyno tested -charts available.
# Separate full length ride height & spring pre-load adjustment.
# Newly designed spring seats, spring seat lock & bracket lock for trouble-free height & pre-load adjustment.
# MacPherson types have pillowball upper mounts with adjustable camber plates (optional adjustable camber & caster available).
# Anodized steel shell cases and stainless steel mono-tube dampers with a special treatment for superior rust prevention.

www.wat-racing.com
and a Picture:

Last edited by shaban; 05-07-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Contributing Member

yea man there are sooooooooooooooooooo many brands out man....
Old 05-08-2008, 04:36 AM

Haha. Sounds like every other coilover man lol. I say get them and find out if you like them for yourself. Then come on here and tell everyone how much you love them/hate them.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Club240 Staff

They look just like ksport. I dont have high hopes for these.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Contributing Member

ksports are 50mm?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Club240 Staff

Originally Posted by shaban
ksports are 50mm?
No...not saying they are ksports...just saying they look just like them. Ksports have a different dampening range too.

They do just look like typical Asian coilovers though (which is undoubtedly where they are made). It really does not matter terribly much if that are 50mm monotubes. They can still be crap or be good. Damper quality, rates, shock dyno, stroke, etc are all the important details
Old 05-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Sadly I doubt many companies who sell coilovers will list all of that information for easy viewing any time soon. I'm still waiting for someone to come out with a shock dyno result for the powered by max coilovers. I havent heard anything bad from anyone who uses them and they look like they perfrom nicely (unlike the krapsport's) but it would be nice to see it on paper.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
No...not saying they are ksports...just saying they look just like them. Ksports have a different dampening range too.

They do just look like typical Asian coilovers though (which is undoubtedly where they are made). It really does not matter terribly much if that are 50mm monotubes. They can still be crap or be good. Damper quality, rates, shock dyno, stroke, etc are all the important details
I get what you mean.

I'll find out soon about these coilovers, my cousin said he road in the evo with these coilovers and said they felt a lot better than his stance gr+ coilovers