Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

bleeding brakes dear god help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 01:26 PM

bleeding brakes dear god help me

i just installed my new rotors and calipers. when i hit the brakes it went to the floor in like 1/8th of a second. the pistions moved but not much.

so i went to bleed the brakes. all the bleeder valves ended up being sciezed i cant get any of them open and i dont want to break any as i already did on the front drivers side after i coated it with liquid wrench it still wouldnt budge.

how the hell am i suppose to bleed them? what other techniques could i try to get the valves open.

**** this is pissing me off.

Please help me,
Kyle

Last edited by Drift-Obsession; 12-17-2003 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Contributing Member

Re: bleeding brakes dear god help me

Originally posted by Drift-Obsession
i just installed my new rotors and calipers. when i hit the brakes it went to the floor in like 1/8th of a second. the pistions moved but not much.

so i went to bleed the brakes. all the bleeder valves ended up being sciezed i cant get any of them open and i dont want to break any as i already did on the front drivers side after i coated it with liquid wrench it still wouldnt budge.

how the hell am i suppose to bleed them? what other techniques could i try to get the valves open.

**** this is pissing me off.

Please help me,
Kyle
The bleeder screws were seized on a new set of calipers?
Old 12-19-2003, 12:10 PM

well new to me i got them from a junk yard off a parts car. they worked on the car i took them off of.

how could i loosen the bolts without breaking them?

Kyle
Old 12-21-2003, 09:52 AM

im doin gmy best by bleeding them with the bolts on the hydrolic line adn it works because i have brakes in the rear now.

my second problem is that afteri was pumping the brakes alot today the clutch resovoir went completely empty and i hoave 0 clutch pressure. WTF?? i am pretty sure the lines are not connected and i toped off the reasovoir last night ?? please help me out with any suggestions of guesses

THanks
Old 01-03-2004, 11:41 AM

what you need to do is turn the key on but not the car (know what i mean) then have a friend pump the brakes then stop and take off the brake line of the caliper tell it gisses all over then titen the line back on and have your friend pump then just to this tell there are no more air pockets in your line and yes unfortionletley you do have to do this to all 4 sorry i dident get to this earlyer good luck
Old 01-16-2004, 02:57 PM

you should make sure you don't have any leaks in the lines. check the fluid and pump the $h!t out of them to see if any leaks anywhere.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:58 PM

no leaks.
whats even wierder is i let my car sit in my garage for about a week without touching it, i somewhat built up some pressue in the lines and i go to pump the brakes and ..... wha theres barally any pressure? not leaking anyware.... so i take the wheels off and bleed... tones of air?? where is it comming from? did i not get it all and it gathered in the lines?

also my clutch is loosing pressure after a little whiles use, i was going to remove the dampener and .... the 10mm wrench is just .5mm to small and it starts to roll over the nuts, i dont want to round them? suggestions please?

Thanks