Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Brake Pressure.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:58 PM

Brake Pressure.

recently i installed new pads and rotors. after that i suffered from no brake pressure. i bled the brakes to the best of my ability because 3/4 bleeder valves are sciezed. adn i had to do it with the same technique but with the bolt holding the lines to the caliper to get the air out.

my problem is that i cant build up enough pressure to lock the brakes going 15km/h. button do work to a degree but when i pump the brakes while the car is on it almost stalls when it isnt warmed up.

what can cause thease problems? what may be possable solutions?

thanks,
Kyle
Old 12-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Contributing Member

Moving To BRAKES/wheels/tires/suspension, hopefully you'll get more help there bud.

Dr.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:46 PM

i got nothing there so i put it in general to see if i could get some more hits, i really need help i couldnt stop quickly if i had to so its kinda unsafe.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:35 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Brake Pressure.

Originally posted by Drift-Obsession
recently i installed new pads and rotors. after that i suffered from no brake pressure. i bled the brakes to the best of my ability because 3/4 bleeder valves are sciezed. adn i had to do it with the same technique but with the bolt holding the lines to the caliper to get the air out.

my problem is that i cant build up enough pressure to lock the brakes going 15km/h. button do work to a degree but when i pump the brakes while the car is on it almost stalls when it isnt warmed up.

what can cause thease problems? what may be possable solutions?

thanks,
Kyle
Buddy, bleeding using the bolt holding the lines might let air into the caliper itself! Have you considered checking your master cyl.?
Old 12-23-2003, 02:07 PM

yeah theres about a 70% chance that my master cylinder is screwed, but i see no fluid dripping out of it? what other ways could i check?

i didnt really have a choice at the time, my bleeder valves are sciezed as **** and one is broken off, lesson learned on that one, if it dosnt come stop tourqing so hard and try somthing else.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:04 PM

oh yeah when i was bleeding the brakes there was a wierd milky color ot the brake fluid? WTF? it was the new stuff i just picked up and i was flushing the whole system. whats with this?