Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Cusco Coil-overs

Old 03-15-2004, 10:02 PM

Cusco Coil-overs

I was just checking the intense power site (www.intensepower.com) and they've totally redone their 240SX section, which made my day. I noticed too that they have Cusco coilovers on their site, and for fairly reasonable prices I believe 1500 for a street set, 1900 for a more aggressive set, and 2200 for a 'race' set, and I was curious to see if anyone on here has any experience with Cusco products or knows someone who's rocking a set? from my knowledge, Cusco is a very respectable company and makes a great product... correct me if I'm wrong
Old 03-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member

they are great coils i have seen them on many different cars, you cant go wrong with cusco
Old 04-10-2004, 12:03 AM

a friend of mine has Cusco suspension for his S13. i dont remember which model it was but, he said they're real bouncy. described like "a Honda coming to a screeching halt" bouncy. if you've seen a Civic with cheap lowering springs, you know what i mean.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by swannjay
a friend of mine has Cusco suspension for his S13. i dont remember which model it was but, he said they're real bouncy. described like "a Honda coming to a screeching halt" bouncy. if you've seen a Civic with cheap lowering springs, you know what i mean.
I know what you mean... but do you know that I know that you know what I mean? LOL

... Cusco is track stuff. Good stuff. Expensive stuff. But they're popular in the pro racing scene and their stuff is designed for circuits, not PUBLIC ROADS; at least the "race" labelled stuff.

And if you put a race-level suspension in your car and expect it to be comfortable on regular public roads with gutters, water channels, metal grates, speed bumps, pot holes - everything a race track DOESN'T have, then you'll be enlightened. I've know a couple of people who went all out for the "racing" suspensions only to regret it because the ride was so harsh (kind of like the Honda reference above) on public streets.

Thus the phrase, "For Off-Road Use Only. Not For Use On Public Streets."

Old 04-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

I had a set of cusco's come into the shop on a clip we imported, they were the $1500 set of ZERO-1's. They are very well done, and come with adjustable camber plates. The coilovers adjust 2 ways one the usual and then the collar where they bolt to the spindle also threads up and down the body, so you can really dump your ride with them. These are all race style kits and will not ride well on the street, they are made to race and have good damping for the stiff springs. I have a set of KYB "climb" struts with some progresive sport springs, they are a nice balance of being lowered and still having a decent ride for a everyday driver on our $hitty WA state roads. I'd recomend a adjustable like the KYB AGX or Tokico Illumina, then some sport springs like H&R stage 2's or something.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:36 PM

well, nah i wasnt doggin the Cusco coilovers. the homeboy asked if anyone had any experience with them and i replied with what a friend of mine told me about them. of course, we dont know exactly how hes going to put the coilovers to use. maybe AutoX or maybe street/daily driving.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:05 PM

I have them on my Civic and they ride fine. Not harsh at all. Have them on the EVO, Subys, Supra, G35, and IS300. The ride will be rough if you set the shock higher than 2 for the streets. Remember that you're getting a top quality coilover that's ready to race with. Not a cushy suspension like Teins. I'm either going to put Cusco Zero2's or Kazama or Kei Office suspension.