Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Hood, Coil-overs, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 06:05 PM

Exclamation Hood, Coil-overs, etc..

Alright, so first, I need to know where I can buy a nice Carbon Fiber Hood for my 91' 240sx..I've searched a bunch of sites and such but I can't seem to find one that sells a cf hood for my car Also does anyone have any suggestions for coil-overs? I'll be the first (and most likely only) one to admit that I'm generally pretty new to performance tuning but I've got the drive and I wanna get into it really badly.. so yeah, coil-overs cuz I'm looking for improved ride handling and lower ride height. K? Thanks all,

LR
Old 02-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

I dont know weither to move this to style or suspension....Susp. it goes.

There are a lot of sites that sell CF hoods, have you googled?As for coilovers there are dozens of choices. What do you plan on doing with your car? what kind of motorsports, daily driving, show?
Old 02-11-2004, 06:35 PM

heh sorry I didn't really know where to put this one myself..umm well my 240's a daily driver but I want to be able to take it to the track (a place about a 1/2 hour away from my house just opened up drifting night every 2nd tuesday) and drift, and I've also been wondering about tires.. I mean, if I'm gonna drift, should i get slicks? better loss of traction there, right? i mean at least for the rears..and what about sizes? oh god so many questions -.-;; umm but in response to your statement, I did 'google', a few times in fact - maybe I just don't search using the right words..'eh this is pretty frustrating hehe
Old 02-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Contributing Member

Im a master at google...hehe
http://www.i-m-racing.com/carfibhood24.html
http://www.wickedbodies.net/Acc-89-94-240SX.html
Search for 89 240sx carbon fiber hoods, easy as that.

For coilovers, there are a lot of ways to go. Search on Tein HA, Tein HE, JIC.

Tires, I never heard of anyone go with slicks. For starters, just go with regualr tires. Get used to your car, learn how it reacts and etc. Then you can upgrade to Sticky tires in the front and regular in the rear. Im not the best when it comes to drifting so yea. As for sizes, wider in the rear are better. 15" is good for starters, then you can graduate to 17s or 16s. Keep on searchin!
Old 02-12-2004, 04:18 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by LuckyRide
heh sorry I didn't really know where to put this one myself..umm well my 240's a daily driver but I want to be able to take it to the track (a place about a 1/2 hour away from my house just opened up drifting night every 2nd tuesday) and drift, and I've also been wondering about tires.. I mean, if I'm gonna drift, should i get slicks? better loss of traction there, right? i mean at least for the rears..and what about sizes? oh god so many questions -.-;; umm but in response to your statement, I did 'google', a few times in fact - maybe I just don't search using the right words..'eh this is pretty frustrating hehe
slicks are more grip - unless it's raining. If you're new to drift, try junkyard hunting for some used wheels and then throw on some used tires (get those at tire shops, obviously). You're gonna go through A LOT of rubber just learning the feel of your car...

... and like jynx said, get used to your car first. My friend with an S13 (SOHC at that) got to confident and shoved his front right corner into a guardrail last weekend. He used to tear up this one road with his FF, but we all know RWD is different from FWD.

Have fun man!

...now how come these "open drift" sessions seem to happen all over the East coast!??!?
Old 02-12-2004, 07:17 AM

hey man, i got family in middlesex, i'm up there are all the time(when i'm not in school, that is)
Old 02-16-2004, 06:02 PM

yo jynx thanks for answerin all my questions at once :P heh and hey papa maybe we could meet up some time and screw w/ our cars or swap info i donno gimmie a holler back
Old 02-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

No prob Glad I can help ya out