Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:19 PM

Lowering springs

I know this is probably a stupid question and I did some searching, but are the Ksports that bad of a lowering spring? I know half of the replies are going to be, " save for coil overs", but that's not the question. I'm so broke that I make broke look rich so I doubt can afford coil overs for atleast a year or two. Especially at the price I've seen you guys mention. I just wanna get rid of the fender well gap so I figured a cheap set of springs would get me through. I like Teins, but they're a hair out of my price range. Any idea's?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

if you cant afford to properly lower your car, dont do it. cheaping out will kick you in the *** later down the road. just keep saving man.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

save up.

but if you must get springs i recommend dropzone. i've been rinding on cut dz springs for about 3 years now, the ride is firm but not stiff. also you need to keep in mind what plans you have for your car. mine is my daily driver so i don't need stiffer suspension than what i currently have.
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=1676
Old 09-22-2007, 01:52 PM

Yea I just want the lowered look. I'm not gonna autox it or anything. It may make the occasional pass at the dragstrip, but I really don't need anything fancy. It's just a daily driver for gas mileage.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:08 AM

quality is always key.
I'd recommend at the minimum a set of nismo springs and shocks.

don't get cheap lowering springs. you will handle worse. do it right spend a little $
Old 09-24-2007, 02:46 PM

if you want lowering spring you'll need new shocks as well. putting lowering springs on stock struts will blow them. i bought my skunk 2, 2" drop spring s for $145 on ebay. and i have KYB GR-2 struts. those are basicly the stock replacement but they can handle the drop. heres a pic of my drop.

Name:  0010151.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  35.3 KB
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM

well depending on how much you are willing to spend . . . ebay is there for you, otherwise your looking at about 300ish for a set of springs
Old 09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

I suggest a new job =)
Old 09-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by shaban
I suggest a new job =)
seriously, if you can't save for coilovers in a year then yeah that should be you next priority (<-- can't spell?), and not lowering your car
Old 09-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Iwanta nismo
seriously, if you can't save for coilovers in a year then yeah that should be you next priority (<-- can't spell?), and not lowering your car
It's not so much as saving for coil overs. I just don't really wanna spend a grand on something that's gonna help performance a little, given I even want to road race. Plus I'm married to Hitler. Getting my wife to understand why I need 1000 dollar coil overs is like telling the taliban to become democrats. You'll never get them to become tree huggers. If i'm gonna spend a grand on something, it better be magical.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by 92nissan
It's not so much as saving for coil overs. I just don't really wanna spend a grand on something that's gonna help performance a little, given I even want to road race. Plus I'm married to Hitler. Getting my wife to understand why I need 1000 dollar coil overs is like telling the taliban to become democrats. You'll never get them to become tree huggers. If i'm gonna spend a grand on something, it better be magical.
well i guess do what you do then, eather way if you do get lowering springs you'll need new struts that can handle the drop
Old 09-24-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Iwanta nismo
well i guess do what you do then, eather way if you do get lowering springs you'll need new struts that can handle the drop
I know that. I'm just asking which springs would be best. Whats the difference between coil overs and a good drop spring and strut set besides adjustability and I'll have money left over?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 92nissan
I know that. I'm just asking which springs would be best. Whats the difference between coil overs and a good drop spring and strut set besides adjustability and I'll have money left over?
KYB AGX struts are a good upgrade. the AGX struts are ajustable. if i had to pick my spring/strut combo, it would be the AGX shocks w/ ksport/tein springs. thats just about the closest thing your going to get to coilovers without the coilover price tag. but it's going to be up there.
AGX struts
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...cks&category0=
k-sport springs
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search
tein springs
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search
Old 09-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

If you're gonna cheap out and not buy shocks just cut the damn springs.
Done and Done.
But honestly get Stance coilovers. Under a grand shipped. Put your wife in her place.
#1 = 240sx
#2 = wife and/or any other family member
Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 PM

If you can't at least save up for some agx shocks and nice springs I suggest not spending the money and investing it or saving it for something else. Not upgrading the shocks and lowering more than 1.5" is going to blow them out and make your car look low but handle like crap.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs