Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

OBX adjustable coilovers for a s13

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Question OBX adjustable coilovers for a s13

My buddy bought some OBX brand adjustable springs for his s13, the struts he has are AGX. Ofcourse generic OBX's dont come with instructions so I was wondering if anybody had any links or instructions on how to put them on? They seem like they done fit at all.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

adjustable springs? Arent those supposed to go on coilovers? KYBs are just like stock struts, I think you bought springs for shocks you dont have.

Last edited by ryguy; 03-19-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

you mean those sleeves? theyll fit but will fit around the middle of the perch, not the "groove" one the endge of the perch. if thats what your talking about. haha ive expiremented alittle bit.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

coilover sleeves are gay. i would rather run cut springs any day. its impossible to get any decent ride height with the coilover style spring sleeve gay town things in the front, because, if you havent noticed the front springs are pretty short as is. the rears would work better but i would rather **** in my own face than run that ****.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member

^ hahahaha holy **** that was great
Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
the rears would work better but i would rather **** in my own face than run that ****.
ROFL I just pissed in my pants reading that.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Contributing Member

ok.. so how do u **** on your face............. just hold it really bad. Aim up and let it rip??
Old 03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
ok.. so how do u **** on your face............. just hold it really bad. Aim up and let it rip??
practice makes perfect!

actually, just an FYI, OBX is a Taiwan brand... which means... CHEAP SH*T!

I'd rather pay the extra $ for the real coilovers like Apexi, Tein, HKS... Hell I'd even settle for Ground Control over OBX any day.

So I went in and picked up a set of EVC coilovers from Apexi. Sorry to say, but your homie GOT JIPPED!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Contributing Member

not all obx parts are garbage. i've had a obx header on my 240 for about 9 months now with no problems and with very noticeable gains. i can't vouch for the rest of there products but the headers are worth buying
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Thumbs down

In other words you guys just have a bunch of opinions and dont have any links or instructions on how to put them on........now I remember why I dont get on this forum no more.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bucket240
In other words you guys just have a bunch of opinions and dont have any links or instructions on how to put them on........now I remember why I dont get on this forum no more.
Have you tried contacting OBX for instruction sheets?

Also you could give a look at ground control's site. They might have something for a download for reference.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

installing them is very straightforward.

remove strut/spring assembly from car.
remove spring from strut.
stick the coilover thingy where spring used to be.
reinstall upper mounts.

installing them is easy, unless you post some pics and show me what these look like, im going to have to assume they are just like the last OBX "coilovers" ive seen. and they are not safe, they will give you height adjustablity of about half a inch in front, and a extremely bouncy ride. i advise your friend to try and sell them and just save up for real coilovers.

dude you know whats up. why you even touching these parts homie?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

if what you have are sleeves then just use google and quite your crying there are plenty of sites for that kind of stuff.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 03-20-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

bro seriously don't bash the forum. you are asking for very very basic instructions on how to install coil over sleeves. any site that you go to will tell you the same thing about them, they are not worth it. the guys here are being very cool about it, try Zilvia or a few other 240 sites, they will make your eyes bleed. now if you need very technical help I and others can assist you. I have created write ups on very technical things. before you purchased those sleeves you could have went on goggle and found info.. if you want a site thats going to do all your work for you.. good luck finding that bro.

by the way on stock strut you must dermal the cap off in order to seat these things. yes i bought some 4 years ago and i took them back off the same night and burned them.

heres a picture I made for you, this is not a stock strut, but the arrow is pointing to the location of the cap that must be cut off. it is an goldish color.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Contributing Member

oh man now I remeber why I love Club240.

Quick Reply: OBX adjustable coilovers for a s13