Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

OBX adjustable coilovers for a s13

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bucket240
In other words you guys just have a bunch of opinions and dont have any links or instructions on how to put them on........now I remember why I dont get on this forum no more.
I agree with biggamehit, the guys here are being extremely cool about your "question." If this was NASOIC (subaru) forum or an RX-7 forum, you would be roasted on the spot.

After working at Motorsport Dynamics, we know for sure what works and what doesnt. People buy OBX parts cause they are cheap. However, you get what you pay for. When you work on brakes or suspension, never go cheap, it will bite you in the rear in the end. Reason why we hate OBX parts is because they copy other manufactures stuff and label it their own. Difference between OBX and say Tein, Tein dumped out millions of dollars to hire engineers to build parts that are reliable and fit to the correct application. Where as, OBX just makes a strut and says they all work the same. You get a full kit like this one and gurantee all the spring will be at different weights (left rear could be 80 kg, the right rear could end up being 120 kg these are exagerated numbers but we have tested and seen them this extreme).

Not trying to hate on you, or your homie. I rather see fellow tuners install reliable and SAFE aftermarket parts.

If you really need install questions answered, best thing to always do is contact the manufacturer. If they cant answer your question, ebay the junk and go with a company that knows their sh*t (i.e. Tein, Apexi, HKS, Ground Control, H&R, etc.)

Last edited by NiSmO Knight; 03-20-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 PM

I know how to put them in but they dont fit right. So I was wondering if anybody had the detailed instructions. Also I have searched google and no they dont have a site that shows how to install them and obxracing.com is not working just like all of there products. I am not mechanically retarded but these sleeves make me seem like I am, there are so many left over washers and o-rings. A lot of people know me on this forums and I am not trying to bash it but it does seem irrogance is taking over. Nevermind I even asked. Peace
Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Contributing Member

i hear you bro.... just check out that picture bro. take a dermal and cut that cap off. be sure not to cut into the strut itself lol.. just make 2 small cuts on each side and the cap will come off

the rubber o-ring are placed around the strut in the center to reduce the clinging noise. the bigger flat rings are placed at the top of the strut that cover the spring.

after you do that, you want to take your strut tower mount ( 17mm bolt) and place it on the strut/coil over setup and tighten it. thats it.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 03-21-2007 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

i bought some sleeves a while back and had to hone the sleeves so that they would fit on the strut. fortunately i did this with struts from my parts car, so after i was done i threw them away. what a waste of money.