Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

S13 front end Suspension problem NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:50 PM

S13 front end Suspension problem NEED HELP!!!

I own a convertible S13, with almost 200k miles. Run pretty good. Well anyways. At first I noticed that the suspension didn't sound right everytime i turn or hit a bump. I just brushed it off.

Well then I started to noticed, that the left side would sound like it would be clicking, or makin some kinda of noise like that, when I bearly turn the steering wheel to the left.

Then my right one started acting up. The right one started even getting louder.

It's like when I drive, its fine for a min or so. Then I take a couple of turns, and the steering wheel would pull just a little bit towards the left when I would let go of the steering wheel. Then drive around a little more and it's fine, still clicking when i bearly turn left.

Then my right side started to do the same thing, but it was louder. That got me concerned. So I quit driving it and parked it at a friend's shop. It's like when I make a couple of turns, the right side would feel like something gets locked into place and when I let go of the steerin wheel, it would pull to the right real hard when I let go of the steering wheel.

Then I drive it, and make a couple of more turns, and its back to normal, doesn't pull any direction. Drive it for a while again, then it starts to do the same thing thing, either to the left or the right side.

If any one has any idea whats causing this problem, please inform me, it would be nice.

I had some one told me that it could be my ball joint or my wheel bearing going out.

I hand another guy said that it could be some kind of doggie bone shape part thats connects from my frame to uhhh, I forgot if he said the wheel hub or what not.

Thanks,
Addum
Old 08-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Contributing Member

Hmmm stop talking to those people. they have no idea what kind suspension you have on your car.

Check your Tension Control rods, they could be warn and need upgrading.

Also check your Strut Mount. Some times the small lock inside the hat comes loose.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:58 PM

worn not warn. anywho it's probably one of those two. my passenger strut top strut mount is broke so i am going to correct that with coilovers.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Contributing Member

OMG my spelling displeases you.

stfu noob.