S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   springs or coilovers? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/springs-coilovers-18544/)

rivneo1 01-05-2005 08:20 PM

Not a problem ,I expect my my money order not later than the 10 Jan of this year,sended to rivneo1 bank of america ........kidding :D

l2aine 01-06-2005 03:40 AM

Originally posted by ArticDragon
Did you copy and paste? Where are the math details, lol. Good info.
LOL I swear I've read that somewhere before ahaha

Levi SPL S14 01-06-2005 07:59 AM

I know he is trying to be help full. It just seems to basic.

rivneo1 01-06-2005 02:28 PM

Dont u think searching is helpful tool ;)

ca177or4 01-11-2005 06:35 PM

thats funny s13 240....i wish the exact same thing!!!lol

.ICE.COLD. 01-11-2005 11:25 PM

im planing on buying the RS*R Race Springs... does anyone have them on their car? if so, whats the ride like? are it too stiff for a daily driver? hows the performance on with them?

l2aine 01-12-2005 12:27 AM

Originally posted by .ICE.COLD.
im planing on buying the RS*R Race Springs... does anyone have them on their car? if so, whats the ride like? are it too stiff for a daily driver? hows the performance on with them?
RSR race springs are great... nice and stiff but still streetable. However, you better plan on buying some Koni's to match, as the RSR springs are too stiff for GR-2's, Blues, and AGX.

If you're going to use stock shocks, the RSR race springs will kill them fast. :thumb:

ArticDragon 01-12-2005 02:36 AM

^ If they aren't dead already, lol.

.ICE.COLD. 01-12-2005 09:52 AM

so what would you recomend to go with some AGXs? as far as performance improvement goes....

l2aine 01-12-2005 11:21 AM

so what would you recomend to go with some AGXs? as far as performance improvement goes....
reread my last post again :)

Levi SPL S14 01-12-2005 12:28 PM

just get S Tech like anyone else.

rivneo1 01-12-2005 06:36 PM

Like anyone else? :dunno:

Really :rolleyes:

l2aine 01-12-2005 06:40 PM

Originally posted by LandHo_S13
just get S Tech like anyone else.
:p this guy... :bigok:

.ICE.COLD. 01-12-2005 10:41 PM

see the thing is that i already have the AGXs

l2aine 01-12-2005 11:42 PM

see the thing is that i already have the AGXs
s-tech or whiteline

Levi SPL S14 01-13-2005 08:44 AM

GAH okay i meant everyone else. No anyone else okay jeesh.

rivneo1 01-13-2005 06:05 PM

GAH okay i meant everyone else. No anyone else okay jeesh.
No hard feelings ;)

Levi SPL S14 01-14-2005 08:45 AM

coo

.ICE.COLD. 01-19-2005 09:49 AM

what do you guys think about those H&R Sport Springs?

Levi SPL S14 01-19-2005 01:22 PM

never used them. buy coilovers.

rivneo1 01-20-2005 01:44 PM

can u tell us a specific reason why these springs are not worth to buy/get? I mean I know for a fact that H&R are awesome when it comes to suspension ...pls xplain! and thanX

l2aine 01-20-2005 01:49 PM

Originally posted by rivneo1
can u tell us a specific reason why these springs are not worth to buy/get? I mean I know for a fact that H&R are awesome when it comes to suspension ...pls xplain! and thanX
who said H&R springs weren't worth buying/getting? It's your car dude... but I think Landho will agree with me on this: springs will only get you so far.

rivneo1 01-20-2005 01:53 PM

Thats totally true,but sometimes not having the money to buy the good shiat is better to go the good ghetoo route :rolleyes: that not having nothing at all.;) ... i.e gutted springs :o

l2aine 01-20-2005 02:11 PM

Originally posted by rivneo1
Thats totally true,but sometimes not having the money to buy the good shiat is better to go the good ghetoo route :rolleyes: that not having nothing at all.;) ... i.e gutted springs :o
Nah man, fdon't get me wrong - springs/shocks aren't ghetto. The whole point of this thread was that the original poster was wondering about GHETTO coilovers (LOL) compared to GHETTO springs (LOL x2)

If you have a loaded wallet or are on a budget, there's no sense in wasting $ on those so-called "coilover sleeves" or no-name springs you find on Ebay.

H&R, Tein, RS-R, Whiteline, Eibach - all compareable to one another. The only driver-noticeable differences would be spring rating (stiffness) and ride height (drop). Whenever someone asks "what do you think are better between ____ and ____" if both choices are brand name, then it's more about what you're going to use them for than what any of us think is "the best". There is no "best". It's all dependent on application.

People, just stay away from the crap that we keep telling everyone is crap. No more "I'm on a budget" or "I want to lower my car but I don't have enough $' reasoning. If you don't have even $130 for a decent set of springs, then save up. If you can't see why you should spend $130 or more on suspension when "those $40 Ebay coilovers" will do, then sell your car or keep it stock. Upgrades cost money. Gaining performance costs money. Making your car look better costs money.

BTW rivneo1, I'm not biting you rhead off... the majority of what I just typed goes out to everyone who keeps trying to cheese by with cheesy springs or so-called coilovers because they don't want to invest in a good, quality piece of equipment... especially a part that not only makes your car look and drive better, but is also an important part of keeping your car on the road :thumb:

[ deep breathe, breathe, calming down. LOL ]

Levi SPL S14 01-20-2005 03:47 PM

l2aine well said.

People if you cannot wait to save up a few buck to modify your car them maybe you should pick up another hobby.

Springs are a great upgrade for those that are not the hardcore enthusiast. There is nothing wrong with getting a good spring/shock combo, but they will only go so far you will max out there peformance, then want to uograde to something better.

Just dont go the ghetto way and cut or but coil-sleeves.

cooch 01-20-2005 05:48 PM

well it wasnt trying to cheese by my brother did an IOU christmas gift type thing cause my car wasnt runnign at the time so he wanted to wait so they wont be useless but now i am desciding to go with eibach proline with kyp struts, i am using the money from the IOU and putting it toward engine work since i will have an rb20 in it here in a month or 2...i havent been keeping track of this post owell - Brad

rivneo1 01-20-2005 07:23 PM

Originally posted by l2aine

BTW rivneo1, I'm not biting you rhead off... the majority of what I just typed goes out to everyone who keeps trying to cheese by with cheesy springs or so-called coilovers because they don't want to invest in a good, quality piece of equipment... especially a part that not only makes your car look and drive better, but is also an important part of keeping your car on the road :thumb:

[ deep breathe, breathe, calming down. LOL ]

Dont worry man I understand this perfectly so no hard feelings,its always good to hear the points ,ideas ,opinions etc...of others thats what a forums is all about anyways ,I think cheap set of coilovers were designed for ppl that are not hardcore in performance but rather go with something cheap b/c either they dont have money or dont really want to spend that much money on something of quality,perfomance etc...my point though was that if I rather go with a set of H&R sport springs and some Kony or KYG non adj. shocks than with a set of Ghetto No name coil overs and ghetto shocks,if ur gonna invest the money make sure u invested right the first time and make sure it fits ur needs :thumb:

l2aine 01-21-2005 09:28 AM

um..... kay.

Levi SPL S14 01-21-2005 10:59 AM

^ im with you on this.

pinoymcflurry 01-31-2005 04:06 PM

raine has a hot girl

ArticDragon 01-31-2005 08:51 PM

^ Nice randomness.

pooptown 01-31-2005 09:12 PM

I agree with artic dragon

l2aine 01-31-2005 09:14 PM

Originally posted by pinoymcflurry
raine has a hot girl
I wouldn't settle for anything less tol :p

Hyaline 05-13-2005 02:24 PM

are there any tein's other than the ones on ebay..i dont like the ones on ebay they arent enough of a drop for me..anyone know where they sell 2 inch all around teins for 240s?

Levi SPL S14 05-13-2005 04:11 PM

ummm what are you talking about. tein spring is a tein spring no matter what.

the drop is not going to be more if you buy it else where.

donteventry 05-13-2005 09:09 PM

I just got my AGXs and S Techs and now im furious cuz i cant get em on!!! My stupid a s s bolts holding the struts in the front are rusted to hell and wont buge the least bit. Now ive gotta go find an impact wrench and see if i can get em off, the sad part is only 1 bolt came out, out of four...

l2aine 05-13-2005 09:51 PM

ummm what are you talking about. tein spring is a tein spring no matter what.

the drop is not going to be more if you buy it else where.

yup... Ebay Tein's are Tein's. You want 2" go Sportline or some weak Dropzone stuffs :p

cooch 05-14-2005 08:54 AM

I recomend the eibach prokit...i puit those on my car and they feel great..a rough ride buts thats cause my struts are bad..i am working on some kyb agx's right now or some tokiko blues..not sure yet

LA_phantom_240 05-23-2005 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bad struts wont give you a "rough" ride... itll be springy and mooshy... btw this is what i would do... you have an s13 right? well i bought s - tech springs and some shocks, and this is how it will look and all
Attachment 29153

my car isnt filthy, its dew... this is how i would get off the nuts and bolts... get a can of this stuff called aero kroil and looks like this
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15.../P42700222.jpg

get a big 1/2" drive breaker bar, a 17mm socket, and a 17mm wrench. Get the spray and douse it, lightly tap it with a hammer to shock it, and then have at it with the breaker bar... make sure the breaker bar is like 2 feet long. after that, get new bolts and nuts and have fun puttin your stuff back together

l2aine 05-23-2005 11:09 PM

^agreed dead shocks/struts will feel like a pogo stick... the rough ride might be attributed to stiffer spring rates that aren't matched to the correct shocks.