Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

suspension list......

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:33 AM

suspension list......

when doing ur suspension handling...etc... what should i do first other than coilovers?? cause i want to set my car up b4 i get the coilovers...im going for drifting and i have a s13 hb...i already know what coilovers i want i jus want a list of things i can get b4 i get the coilovers and a list of what i should get after i get the coilovers...im not going all out because my car is going to be a daily as well....

so what would be the first things i should get??
and after all that what should i get after getting the coilovers??
does what i get depend on the height im going for??
does the size of rims matter when doing this as well??
Old 03-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

RUCAs
stabilizer (anti-roll) bars
tension rods
front lower arm
tie rod ends
traction rods
rear toe arm
rear lower arm
bushings
subframe spacers
strut bars

take your pick

www.splparts.com
Old 03-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Contributing Member

basically coilovers, then camber control, then start replacing stock with stiffer aftermarket....no real order to it
Old 03-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

Fron your post, I'd say learn how to drive first - go to a drift day or something similar and have an instructor teach you how. If you get parts that you don't even know how to use, either you're in it for the trends or you think having coilovers make you a "drifter". parts list doesn't = skill.

...^ being blunt, don't think I'm an *******. Unless you make me =P
Old 03-30-2006, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
Fron your post, I'd say learn how to drive first - go to a drift day or something similar and have an instructor teach you how. If you get parts that you don't even know how to use, either you're in it for the trends or you think having coilovers make you a "drifter". parts list doesn't = skill.

...^ being blunt, don't think I'm an *******. Unless you make me =P
no offense taken...i understand where ur comin from and thats exactly what im doing im going to drift my car stock for a few events due to money shortage (bills) i wont be getting any performance parts anytime soon im jus trying to get an opinion from someone with the experience to know what i should start off with by all means i love to get rid of that wheel well gap but i dont wanna get coilovers for the looks i want them for a stiffer suspension reduce body roll so i can drift better im not trying to make it out that im getting these things to be with the trends i know what parts to get when the time comes and have an idea for the most part what they doo
Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Contributing Member

^^ok noobs that is the attitude that gets you respect and keeps your from getting flamed, thank you Lost_DriFter. good luck with your car, doing some research would help you decide what you need. google info for all the parts i listed on my above post and figure out exactaly what they do. and make sure to install them yourself