Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

suspension upgrades ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member

very good combo indeed
Old 06-17-2009, 07:11 AM

well that combination will end up costing me about a grand give or take if im correct, bc the gc coilovers are just the sleves right ? and then id have to buy shocks/struts sepreatly n ill prolly go to the track to drift or autox maybe once in 6 months lol if even that very rarely will i go, ive made my mind up to give the emotor coilovers a try, you can say what you want, but they have an odd similarity to the megans, the people that have tried the emotor/godspeed ones say they are decent so thast what im going with bc theyll end up costing me like 500 maybe
Old 06-17-2009, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by rockaa91
im just gonna get coilovers and the megan ruca, to adjust my camber because it will need adjustment due to the drop, as for the inner tie rods, is this absolutely necessary or is it one of those needs that needs to be taken care of, but can wait a while

Inner tie rods not all that neccessary...just good to upgrade from the lil skinny stock piece at the same time as doing the outers (so you don't have to align twice)

The bare minimum I think would be the coils, rucas (camber) and rear toe rods (well, toe adjustment).

If you go real low the toe setting will be really out.. this will wear the inside of your tires real quick....

Good luck... post pics of the before and after drop as well
Old 06-17-2009, 09:34 PM

will due guys
Old 06-19-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by rockaa91
well that combination will end up costing me about a grand give or take if im correct, bc the gc coilovers are just the sleves right ? and then id have to buy shocks/struts sepreatly n ill prolly go to the track to drift or autox maybe once in 6 months lol if even that very rarely will i go, ive made my mind up to give the emotor coilovers a try, you can say what you want, but they have an odd similarity to the megans, the people that have tried the emotor/godspeed ones say they are decent so thast what im going with bc theyll end up costing me like 500 maybe
gc coilover kit comes comes with eibach springs set to any rate you want, cheapest i have seen the kit for is $379, and a set of koni yellows will cost you $550-$600, so yes close to a grand, that is nothing for shocks and springs tho, i have seen guys throw down 2-3 grand on a shock/spring setup, and obvisouly suspension is the most important part of your car.

I also understand being on a budget tho, so if you are only going to be at the track every 6 months and you don't care about being competitive at all then I would go with something cheaper too.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:58 AM

yea i dont lol, im not really a track person, right now anyway, i just need a mean looking, decent pulling, daily driver, to get me to work home and anywhere else i wanna go