Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

wheel locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Regulate

wheel locks

When I bought my car, the guy who sold it to me never gave me the key to the wheel locks (only two of them are on, the 2 wheels on the drivers side). I've been driving around for months and realizing if i popped a tire i'm screwed because I won't be able to get the wheel off. Now I want to get them off so I can change the brake pads. I went to a garage and the guy told me it would cost 68 bucks to get them off??? What is that? I saw a mechanic take one off in about 10 seconds using one of those power drill things and they're gonna charge me 68 dollars for that. Whatever. I guess I'll keep asking around,

but does anyone have any tips on how I could get these suckers off?
Old 04-03-2003, 11:21 AM

you'll have to find someone with the air pressure gun...
thats the only way i can think of...
you first hammer in the socket wrench into wheel lock and use pressure gun to screw it off...
they're probably charging 68dollars for damaging the socket wrenches and labor...labor?

or get a set of rims and tires from discount tires...they should do it for free...
Old 04-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

Find an air compressor, get the air gun chisel set-up... angle the chisle right next to the edge of the lug... and make a small minor slit... lift up chisle, reposition in another spot and do it all over again... I wish I had a pic of how to do this... its really easy to do, jus time consuming thats all.

If anyone out there who knows wut Im talking about and can explain it better, please help hehe
Old 04-13-2003, 03:39 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by NiSmO Knight
Find an air compressor, get the air gun chisel set-up... angle the chisle right next to the edge of the lug... and make a small minor slit... lift up chisle, reposition in another spot and do it all over again... I wish I had a pic of how to do this... its really easy to do, jus time consuming thats all.

If anyone out there who knows wut Im talking about and can explain it better, please help hehe
From what you are describing you are squaring a round nut to fit a smaller socket on. That would work.

I would watch with the drilling. If you get to overzealous you can hit your stud or the rim.