Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

F-Max Dyno Results and In-Depth Review of Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 11:13 AM

F-Max Dyno Results and In-Depth Review of Setup

Friday was the capstone for months of labor working on the engine and the F-Max Stage 1. Here is a list of my setup:
My Modifications
Here are the pictures: Photo Album

I dyno'd at Secret Services and my injectors were almost maxed out at 255whp and 265trq. Boost was set at .55bar (7.975psi). More than I expected from my 140k mile motor
***I'm waiting for them to email me my charts***

Some things to note regarding the topic:
1. F-Max is owned by Turbonetics but no one from the original F-Max company works there now. They fired Adrian and all the F-Max knowledge and experience with him.

2. I applied POR-20 1400 degree thermal barrier and held super throughout the 2hrs of dyno tuning. It may not be the best option for results but it sure beats the price of shipping parts across the country to be coated.

3. I have no water temp gauge, I wish I could tell how the Greddy Radiator, FLX-210, water, and water wetter combo did

4. My 6 series plugs were gapped at .28 but having a HKS TPI, I'm gonna bring the gap up to .33 for better fuel burn.

5. My IC piping connection from the hot side to the IC entrance is shady - the fog light prohibits an optimum seal between the end tank and pipe. Need to shave the fog light to streamline air flow.

6. Speaking of airflow, the car hesitates when I give the gas pedal a modest push. Didn't have this before I had a cold air pipe welded. Theory has the MAF 18" away but at only 10" away, it was smooth. Now much further away, it may be bogging me down. Could be the bend from the filter to the MAF...

7. CEL has been off and on repeatedly for the Front and Rear O2 sensors. Thought I could cure the front one once the air/fuel were tuned. Not the case. I'm using a Bosch, any ideas what's up? Turbulence? Heat?

What's Next?
I'm all about efficiency - I'm gonna flush my oil system. I'll do some dyno runs when my engine is cooler and try the new gap setting. Helk, I need to clean the engine bay and hide those HKS ground cables. With a little multimeter action, I hope I can find some better ground points.

Jesse

PS - No one bug me about adding larger injectors. My $$$ is going into lightweight fenders/hood/bumper and euro headlights.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:29 PM

Here's the dyno chart:

I'll dyno soon with my efficiency mods and a cool engine.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:49 AM

Very clean man. I'm glad to see people still keeping it real. Good luck with everything and thanks for the pictures. Forums get kindof boring without people like you because everyone talks or asks questions about boosting their car. Thanks.

Sean
Old 10-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

a beautiful car and nice dyno. definitely wanna see that next sheet. kudos to u for providing a good example of a turbo KA.