Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

Getting my BD kit...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 01:42 PM

Getting my BD kit...

Wanted to ask about how to install this bolt on turbo kit. Easy? I know I will be saving a lot of money, just spend on tuning. But any info will be greatly appreciated. Like where in the oil pan do I have to tap a hole? What other items do I need to install? (Gaskets, etc...) Anything else???
Old 05-12-2005, 03:41 PM

hofully this will help you out a little:

fist things your going to need the stuff on this list:

1. turbo, wastegate
2. FMIC
3. bigger injectors
4. piping, couplers, clamps
5. Air fuel controller like Apexi super AFC
6. bigger fuel pump
7. oil inlet, oil return lines
8. Turbo manifold
9. Blow off valve (to make it easy get a bov with the pipe already attached)

ok that should get you started you prob already knew that but just to make sure. All that stuff is a must have!

Now this is what i would do, I would get one of those random intercooler kits off of ebay or somthing and then get your FMIC and take your bumper off. Figure out how your going to mount the intercooler then start figureing out how your piping is pretty much going to go along with where your going to mount your bov. The intercooler piping is prob the hardest part. Then when it comes to your mounting on your oil pan you need to take it off the car to tap the pan. You can look on ebay they have the oil pan taps on there all you need to do is find the flattest part of the oil pan and make sure its at the top of the pan for proper drainage and drill your whole it needs to be around 5/8 in diam. for getter drainage. Then you an go to home depot or somthing to get a high temp 5/8 hose from like the plumbing department get it like 4 feet long or so to insure you bought enough its cheap so better safe then sorry. while your there pick up some hose clamps that will fit that hose you will need 2 just for that.

sorry about the long info hofully you understand what i'm saying!

now your going to want to get a new exhaust gasket for the manifold every time you change somthing like that out your better off getting a new gasket then your also going to need a gasket for where the turbo meets the manifold and where the turbo meets the downpipe.

As far as the inlet goes for your oil i would drive the car to the tune up show with the FMIC kit and the oil pan tapped but put the hose on it and run the hose up high and cap it with somthing so it doesn't leak everywhere. then i would drive the car to the performance show with the oil pan already tapped and the fmic kit already put on the car then i would take the stock manfold on and put the manifold on with the turbo on it on in the parking lot and hook up the oil return line to the turbo so know you have the fmic kit hooked up along with the turbo & manifold bolted on and the return oil line hooked up to the turbo and push it in there doors and let them hook up your oil inlet line and AFC and any other random lines and then tune it just to be sure everything is right.

hofully that helps a little other wise i just typed a bunch of crap for nothing J/K i'll check back later to see if this helps you!