Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

greddy kit on a s13?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:45 PM

greddy kit on a s13?

would i run into many complications if i put the s14 KA greddy turbo kit on a s13 with the intercooler kit also? Obviously the computer wouldnt work and im sure the intercooler pipings would not mate up exactly but are there any other difficulties than that? for example, will the kit clear the steering and brake master? ChrisGSX maybe you have the answer for this one?
Old 01-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

the that high a price, with piping and computer that wont' work, why buy it? And honestly, emailing them will get you the best answer.
Yeah chris, answer this one! (ps, thanks for the tranny tonight!)

Dr.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:59 PM

kikass doc. no prob. let me know when that bleatch is all done. we need to go drifting. and joe the greddy kit should work no prob, but just like the doc said why bother. i haven't looked at the specs on the greddy kit to see why it only works on obd2, but i should. if the dohc s14 ka motor is the same as the dohc s13 it should work fine. since greddy specializes in "street legal" kits it might be that it only passes emisions on an obd2. if that is the case it should bolt right up. the downpipe might be an issue. the intercooler that i used is made for the sr w/ s13. you might find that greddy makes an s13 intercooler kit w/ sr and that might fit the ka well. what i would worry about would be the upper intercooler pipe which comes off of the intake manifold. if the position of the ka and sr is close in an s13 i wouldn't worry about it. To be honest with you however i would research making your own custom kit piece by piece. you can do it for less than $1000 if you what to look for and how to look. the most difficult part is the manifold as i have said before. find a manifold and then go from there. i believe that the t-25 or t-28 is a good place to start, but as others have said it is an itty bitty turbo and at higher rpm's will kinda choke out the highere displacement of the ka. the t-25 is stock on the sr and later on the t-28, but the sr is a smaller motor than the ka. the greddy kit uses a 20g and i have that same turbo on my eclipse and at high boost that turbo is disgusting. it pulls on you like you could not imagine @ 26 psi. if you could get just the manifold from the greddy kit you would have a huge selection of mitsubishi turbos to choose from. you could get an internally gated(waste gate) 16 g which is stock on the new evo's and that one kiks ***. anyway if you can find a manifold the rest is easy. to save money you can use parts from a junkyard that came from a car that was turbo from the factory. the turbo you should put the money into to ensure quality, but everything else you can compromise on. GOOD LUCK
Old 01-16-2004, 02:30 AM

GREAT POST! Thanks
Old 01-16-2004, 02:20 PM

no prob. good luck. let me know what you decide, but just like i said before, don't bother with the greddy kit. you would do much better piecing it together yourself. even if you wanted to spend the money for a greddy kit if you bought everything separate you could buy better stuff!