Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

Ripp KA24DE Supercharger interest

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 07:54 AM

Ripp KA24DE Supercharger interest

Hello guys,

My name is Ross Esposito and I own RIPP Modifications in NYC. We are the developers of the RIPP SDS (Supercharger Drive System)

http://www.rippmods.com/products/pr...es&productId=72

We would like to test a KA24DE with our SDS.Its difficult to for see any hang ups, but as of now UNTIL we get a test car our kit working on this application is only a theory. We don't see much of a problem but feel an attempt should be made. If the kit is feasible we would like to go into production with it. If you are interested in bolting on 135+hp and 100 wheel HP. At the moment our results are very consistent. The auto cars bolt on 98whp(247whp) and the 5SPD 113(267).

The new SDS system features CNC machining as well as low resistance drive bearing. The units are fully TIG welded and CAD designed. The Drive shaft housing in is 6061 Aluminum but the drive shaft itself is 3031 steel. The new Custom Vortech Blower V5 Gtrim spools more efficiently its more evenly matched to the power band of the stock engine. Bringing boost on smoothly through the 2200 RPM band making the 4cyl feel and act more like a V8, truly gratifying.

The Dodge Stratus R/T was our very first SDS equiped car and is very violent it spins 1ST, 2ND, 3RD so easy because the boost curve is very steep. Making it feel very sudden. Picture accelerating in 2nd gear at right around 3700-4000 the wheel start to spin...(Fun)
Another good example is cruising on the highway doing a 5th to 3rd down shift and hearing the tire spin in acceleration. While this all sound good its not very good for racing. We have since then installed a KAAZ LSD and traction in no longer a problem.

If you might wonder why we haven't used an intercooler with our system,Simple because in our testing under Max boost conditions of 8 psi our intake charge temps have not surpassed 187 degrees. This is an acceptable air temp. Our stage 2 kit will feature an intercooler but if your in stage 2 your looking for some serious power and at this point with no traction we don't see many people needing stage 2. So we are putting our efforts into stage 1 and making it as reliable and safe as possible.

What to expect:
SDS (Supercharger Drive System)
Vortech blower (Brand new design)
Belt tensioner (Ripp Made)
Belt (Gates)
fuel pressure reg. Rising rate
injectors
3'" boost pipes Aluminum
3" Silicon couplers (Turbonetics)
3" MASS Air Adapter
3" 90* bends
Cold air pipe and filter with mounting bracket
Ignition Amplifier with adjustable boost retard
HKS AFR (Fuzzy logic)
HKS Mondo BOV
Clamps (ideal)
Nylon/rubber Lines for oil feed and return
Oil return fitting for oil pan (Brass)
Air filter
19 page Illustrated Instruction
Ripp Black box

We also have many upgrades available already that you will be able to purchase with the kit as well.

So far we have made kits for the 3G Eclipse,Dodge Stratus R/T, Mitsubishi Galant,Lancer OZ eddition,Sebring,3000GT SOHC,Toyota camry,Mr2,Solara 5sfe motors and would like nothing more but to make a great reliable power adding kit for your cars. This post is nothing more then to "Test the waters and see if you guys have interest in the product we are offering.If the out come is great,We will go into reserve and develpment with it right away!

The system will bolt on in 8-10 hours by an average mechanic. The most difficult part will be installing the oil return fitting in the oil pan and setting up the HKS AFR for the first time. Given the quality and caliber of the parts we will be offering feel confident your investment will be worth it. We cut no corners and take no interest in hassling any of our customers..

We will be offering a limited warrantee that has yet to be disclaimed, Vortech offers a 12 month warrantee against defects. Also an upgrade option for later down the line when we need more power.

Regards,
Dave
Rippmods.com
Home of the most powerful Stratus R/T
718-442-4723
Thinks Fast.... Shift Faster Win!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:18 PM

So how much are we talking about here??? What are your reccomendations for bottom end build-up? I might be interested in giving it a try.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:48 PM

Ross...or Dave...or whatever. Quick question. Did you ever finish developing the Lancer SDS you guys started on early in the year? Last I checked on the EvoM boards, the guy was still without his car as of August.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

I'm potentially interested, I live in NH, Am interested in how long it would take, cost for parts, everything pretty much

drnovascotia@comcast.net
Old 09-30-2003, 01:43 PM

very, very interesting

-Dan
Old 10-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

I pm'd and messenged you back, no response, and your link doesn't work either. Whats up?

Dr.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:34 AM

Count me in... but will u have a kit for SOHC KA24E? Don't wanna discard my engine if there's a kit for it...