Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

Some much needed recognition

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 01:10 PM

Some much needed recognition

I searched the forums to make sure this is no double post, so flame me if it is. I know most people are haters of Sport Compact Car magazine, but the current February 2006 "Boost It Yourself" issue boasts of the benefits of boosting a ka24de. Everyone here knows this already, and maybe it is a mistake to let others know. We don't want the news getting out that 240's kick ***, now, do we? Then they'll be cast down as 'rice,' as someone pointed out in another post I read (something about the ignorant 12 yr olds that have flooded this forum).

Anyway, point is, if you don't know that much, READ THE ARTICLE. It has info to the most FAQ on this board, especially "which turbo to use" (even tho there is already a sticky for that) Spread the good news, show it to friends, so that they may benefit from the 240. If you do know alot already about the 240, then consider this a 1) a step forward the tuner culture and SCC as a magazine or 2) a good intention gone horribly wrong and a shot at your unique whip.

No, I'm not glorifying SCC. With all it's flaws and generalizations, I still think it's the best compact mag with some good DIY, too. Dave Coleman makes me laugh. So yea, I'm a nerd, but I'd rather have that than be caught dead with an Import Tuner, Hot Compacts and Imports, or Super Street issue in my hands.

As for me, I like the build price: $1,715 good for 266 wheel horses. Junkyard dogs rejoice!
Old 12-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

SCC does have good articles every now and then... IT is getting pretty lame with all the stupid staff jokes every other sentence... Turbo has good articles a lot too...

I read that SCC article about a week ago, not bad actually - it's a good starting point for people who are considering going KA-T... but like most magazine articles, people need to know that there's more options than just the parts used in the article =)
Old 12-31-2005, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member

Ive always said SCC has had some great technical article's.

Some times the math they give can go over your head.

But they have great info nonetheless.