Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

Help: Back speakers getting no signal (stock s14)...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:11 PM

Question Help: Back speakers getting no signal (stock s14)...

The back speakers in my S14 aren't getting any signal. I think it must be something wrong between the headunit and the end wires, maybe false contact???

The front speakers (including pillar tweeters) are working. The speakers in the rear are functional when I tried them in another car. It started to work for a little bit while I was fooling around with them, but when I left and came back it stoped.

I can see the wires come up from the trunk up the rear deck and then into passenger side of the body, not sure where it goes from there. Does anyone know where the wires run through the car? The ones from the headunit to the rear? I dont know if it has something to do with the rear amp, and I wouldn't know what I should do with the amp if so. A diagram would really help if anyone has one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:41 AM

The stock system sux. I just got a zenki a couple weeks back and the stock system died a couple days after I got it. I just ran wiring from the back of the of my new alpine head unit to the speakers. Screw the stocking wiring, passive front cross overs and read amps. Rip it all out and use your own wiring.