Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

Multiple Alarm horns

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:33 PM

Multiple Alarm horns

I've heard of people connecting 1 or more alarm horns( the little bell thing that makes all the noise) to 1 alarm system. Is this true, or false, if true please give instructions on how to do this. or a site.. ETC thanks!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Contributing Member

true... the horn is grounded to the rdiator mount in front of the radiator normally. all you need to do is splice the + wire to it and put another thingy on the end of the wire you created and send it to another horn that is bolted to a ground... usually the suport.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:21 AM

Cool, now my alarm will scare the **** out of *******s who try n mess haha! thanks man
Old 03-30-2005, 02:40 AM
Contributing Member

splitting the alarm horn will in most cases make the siren a little quieter...the right way to do this is to go any audio shop and have them wire both sirens up on a relay system so they are both getting full power... there is another idea as well that i like better... have them install a battery back up siren as the second one... what the battery back up siren does is stor power in an internal battery... if the alarm is triggerd the sirens will sound... now if we are talking about a car thief who really wants your car... he pops the hood yanks the battery cables and the alarm stops makin noise... here is where the battery back up siren comes in handy... even with the loss of power the siren will contine to make noise... some of them up to 15 min... you can rip it out and toss it down the street and it will still go off...makes it a little louder for the guy jackin your car... he might just run off...
Old 04-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

^^^ ha ha ha NICE. Thats hilarious. I just imagined a car thief freaking out and getting pissed.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

they are like wtf... some run some try to muffel the siren others toss a brick thru your windo cus they dont have enough time to deal with the second siren...
but car alarms are only as good as the owner who runs out with the gague when the thing goes off... if it goes off and no one cares the thief will just keep on until he gets the car... if my alarm goes off im out the door... what a sight white boy standin there with gun in hand lookin around for the reason why the alarm went off...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by wikd240
they are like wtf... some run some try to muffel the siren others toss a brick thru your windo cus they dont have enough time to deal with the second siren...
but car alarms are only as good as the owner who runs out with the gague when the thing goes off... if it goes off and no one cares the thief will just keep on until he gets the car... if my alarm goes off im out the door... what a sight white boy standin there with gun in hand lookin around for the reason why the alarm went off...
DAMN... and i though i was bad with my t-ball bat. ( i can swing that thing fast as crap though.)