Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

s14 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:39 PM

s14 speakers

k well i hate to seem like the newb i am...even w/ the all might search i didnt find my answer, maybe im just a bad searcher

well im slightly confused on the speaker sizes on both the doors and the rears

supposedly the doors will hold the 6.5's w/ the adaptor but a 6.75 was meant to fit correct?

and on the rears...also a 6.75? i thought it was a 6x9 >_<

since i can do a 6.5 in the front i was thinking these for a decent set up
http://megagoods.com/product_catalog...ails&item=1488
Fronts

and if it is 6x9's in the back was looking at these...but if not should i jsut stick w/ the tsg1640r in the back too?
http://megagoods.com/product_catalog...tails&item=613
Rears

...eventually gonna cut a spot for the sub inbetween the two rear speakers...was thinking a cerwin vega sub or kicker...any opinions?

Thx for the help
Old 01-14-2005, 05:50 AM

ugh.... i forgot. the doors and rears are the SAME size on my 95 s14. i think they're 6 1/2. i can't remember. don't you have speakers in there currently? take them out and check!

i'm sure a forum search will come up with the specs.

edit: i 'modded' my rear side panels (where the passengers would rest their arms) to fit 6x9s . those should be up for sale in the next week or 2
Old 01-14-2005, 07:38 AM

unfortunately the guy took out the rear speakers so i cant measure those and the door panel i have to figure out how to get it off

so both sets front and rear ARE the same?
Old 01-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

Raine to the rescue.

The front and rear are both the same - oversized 6.5" coaxials. The fronts mount to a plastic base that's bolted to the door. The rears are held on the package shelf with 4 screws.

make sure when you shop that you specify "oversized" 6.5". I don't know how to relay this to the sales person, but I know this because back in my old Nissan I bought some speakers from Crutchfield.com and the salesperson told me that a standard 6.5" won't fit right (it'll be slightly small, and the mounting holes won't line up).

Coincidentally, I have 2 pairs of those same speakers (Pioneer TSG1640) and the mounting holes are slightly off. That and, I recently blew out the rears... so I'm looking to upgrade soon (I'm running the speakers off my Pioneer head unit, 25w x4 )

Old 01-15-2005, 03:33 PM

this forum rocks. I cam here to ask this exact question. and bam, the answer is in my face before I ask, i didn't even have to search.

friday night was a bit crazy, 4 people in my car... (2 girls in my back seat.... somehow fit) and lots of loud music = blown front speakers and dirty floor mats. Time to go vacuum my car, after that I think I'm gonna move the pioneers i have in my rear deck upto the fronts and get some better rear speakers.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DaPCWiz
this forum rocks. I cam here to ask this exact question. and bam, the answer is in my face before I ask, i didn't even have to search.

friday night was a bit crazy, 4 people in my car... (2 girls in my back seat.... somehow fit) and lots of loud music = blown front speakers and dirty floor mats. Time to go vacuum my car, after that I think I'm gonna move the pioneers i have in my rear deck upto the fronts and get some better rear speakers.
Brother if the girls are hot I'll fit 6 of them in my car.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:17 PM

haha, I'm not a big fan of having passengers. I use the G20 for that, but i hafta say, it was alot of fun.... driving and ummm parked... I'll leave it at that... ahahhaa.

it was funny, the first question I was asked was "what car this"

and then one girl goes "my mommy told me to watch out for boys with fast cars" I played along, the the rest of the night was awesome. Blown speakers were but a small price to pay.

==================

anyway.... one serious question. If I go to crutchfield and do the whole car selector thing.... why does it list different speakers for the speakers that will fit in the front vs speakers that will fit in the back? (it should be the same list since front and back are the same, no?)

the speakers i have show up ont he list for the back, but not the front....

Last edited by DaPCWiz; 01-15-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DaPCWiz anyway.... one serious question. If I go to crutchfield and do the whole car selector thing.... why does it list different speakers for the speakers that will fit in the front vs speakers that will fit in the back? (it should be the same list since front and back are the same, no?)

the speakers i have show up ont he list for the back, but not the front....
Because Crutchfield takes into consideration mounting depth as well. Doors don't have as much depth to play with mainly because of the window when it's rolled down.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:46 PM

i'm gonna need to purchase rear speakers soon, just gotta figure out which ones to get .. fronts are infiniti kappas.

i also have to see how much clearance i have with my subs in the trunk... argh
Old 01-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by djradam i also have to see how much clearance i have with my subs in the trunk... argh
prepare to be disappointed... lol
Old 01-16-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
prepare to be disappointed... lol

And No trunk
Old 01-17-2005, 08:29 AM

i've had no trunk for a year .... i think i'll get a component speaker (uh, i think that's what it's called -- speaker w/ separate tweeter) and put that up front, and move my kappas to the rear, should clear
Old 01-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by djradam
i've had no trunk for a year .... i think i'll get a component speaker (uh, i think that's what it's called -- speaker w/ separate tweeter) and put that up front, and move my kappas to the rear, should clear
Get a good component set for the front... the fronts are the most important speakers in any audio setup
Old 01-17-2005, 11:31 AM

definately. though, i hate how low the front door speakers are. if i have a passenger, or stuff sitting on the floor, that cuts a lot of sound out right there. also, i hear more of the passenger side than driver side becase my legs are right there. i love lows and love highs, so i think i'll go with the component. probably get one with a shallow tweeter to put in the stock area. i haven't checked it out to see how much room there is.