Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

Desoto Drift Official update

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 PM

Desoto Drift Official update

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, its that time for the update on upcomming events, and new things to come. The meeting we had last night with the track owner and staff went very well, and I want to pass on some of the things to you, as well as give you the information you want about upcoming events, and practices.
These are the upcoming event dates, please write them down, request the days off, skip school do what ever you gotta do, and look out for the October dates to be posted soon as well.
Sept. 16th - Test and Tune
Sept. 23rd - Test and Tune
Sept. 28th - Event/competition
Test and Tune dates, which we all have come to know as practice dates, will now be moved to Sundays as you all have heard. Gates will open at 2pm and will shut at sundown. That gives us apporx. 5hours of open track time. Course will be completly open to do what you want to do. It will be just like thursday nights, only with out waiting in line for the circle track guys. Price will be the normal $20 that it was on Thursday nights. No word yet if there will be a tire machine running on sundays, more than likely there will not, so bring spare wheels if you have any. Also and this applies to the event dates as well, if you are under the age of 18, you will need to have a parent or legal guardian sign a parently consesnt form to let you drive on the track. After many disccusions to have the form posted on the internet to be preinted, finaly word is no. You will have to bring your parent or legal guardian to the track with you to have the form signed. Legal guardian does not mean sibling who is over 18, it means someone who can legally sign your life away.
The event for the 28th is going to be new, and improved, and somewhat circus like. Gates will open at 5pm just like last time and we will be running the event untill 10, 11 at the absolutle latest. Final driver check in will be at 7pm. From 5-8pm will be open course practice. Then at 8pm the course for the competition will be laid out. No official ruling yet as to how the compitiion will be run, weither it will be 2 practice runs, 2 qualifiing etc etc. Or what not. Also we will be setting rules for the judging before hand, so no more arguments. If you have any suggestions as to judging rulse, ie. spin outs equal 0 points or hitting cone equals 0 points or wiether you are against that. Please PM me, if no one puts in there 2 cents worth, no one has the right to complan come show time. There will be one 1 drivers meeting for the entire night. At tech you will be informed of the general track rules, and shown the course lay out for the event. at 8 pm while the cones are being set up will be the driveres meeting. DRIVERS MEETING WILL NOT BE ANY MORE THAN 5 MIN.! you will be instructed of the course lay out and given the rules for judging and then its show time.
That last paragraph started to run on, so now let me tell you about some of the new things we have planned for the event. Some of the new things that are going to be added to this event are as fallows. Their will no include a car show, with awards ranging from highest truck, to ghettoist donk, etc etc. There will also now be a bikini contest, with im almost postivie some sort of prize being awarded, and im almost sure its open registration for that as well. There might possibly be a stunt bike show out there as well. Concession stand will be open at the next event just like last time. Im sure they will be serving the same great food (no sarcasim) hot dogs, hamburgeres, cheese burgers, chicken tenders, french fries, peanuts, assorted candies, soda, and beef (from what I head) Another little thing we are working on is getting some sort of cash purse together for the winner of the drift event or some sort of mechandise to give away to the winner(s) of the drift event. There will also be a DJ out there mixing live, brodcasting at the crowd and into the pits, gives us a little background noise. There will hopefully be a tire machine out there (in the works of getting one available) The tire changer will be working for free, So tips would be greatly greatly appriciated, especially since he will be comming strait from his day job changing tires to come help us out, so make sure you are nice to him. If you need to dispose of your tires, we will now be offering disposal at $2 a tire. If you dont want to pay the fee, take your old tires with you, please and thank you. last event we did a great job keeping the place clean, just make sure all your gargbage, trash, tools, and tires chunks are all taken with you or put where they need to be (garbage can).
A few side notes I would like to add. I am going to everything I can do as one person to make sure that even through out the mahem and circus that will be going on, that this remains drift oriented, you will not loose your driving time, im going to do everything in my power to make sure that doesnt happen. As far as a pro demo, if the pros do end up coming out, we will have them do a demo, at the end (since everyone thinks its the grand fanalie anyways) while the scores from the competition are being added up. We are going to do everthing in our power to eliminate all the down time we had last time. Also, please please please make sure that when you are comming throuhg tech you are ready, please have all loose articles removed from your vehicle. please please please please make sure your battery is secrured, meaning at can not be forcefully moved by a human, and make sure the positvie terminal is sheilded from the possibility of arcing(use duckttape if need be) Fire extinguishers were not enforced last time but i would really really like to see everyone have on in there vehicle, there are pretty cheap at walmart, just make sure its ABC rated. Also there will not be an atm, or credit card machine out there, so please make sure you bring plenty of cash with you, there is an atm at the hess station on 64 on the way to the track if you need to stop there and get cash. I am in the works(like literally as we speak) of getting a website up and gonig with information, registration capabilities etc etc of everything you need to know about desto drift. It will be the one stop source for everything desoto drift.
Please help us make this event absolutly awsome, and please please fallow our two biggest rules, 1. be safe. 2. HAVE TONS OF FUN
Thank you for putting up with this insanly long post and all its spelling, and gramatical errors.
Chris Tyler
Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 AM

Here we go!!! http://www.desotodrift.com/
Old 10-02-2007, 08:14 AM

ummm.... ok... and your not at the events why?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:05 AM

because he's too busy getting banned...

-Stig