Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

Is Drifting a passing fad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 10:12 AM

aight, my bad on the formula d/ d1 mix up. I see your point on the difference between Japan and America drifting culture. As you said, in Japan it's a business so it will never leave, but as for the U.S. It's more of just a pastime. You don't see any big drifting companies over here, once we can establish that type of system drifting will always be here. Even if we don't there will still be the fans. I love to drift, even if some people think I'm a "bandwagonjump" it's not going to stop me. I want to slide around a track effortlessly as if I were on ice. There is no better feeling, and no better rush (until you get caught).

....and to poweredby007; that's tight that your in Japan. I wish I had the moolah to travel over there and get on the tracks and mountainsides. Hopefully I can go next year, it's in the works.

...oh, and Raine, your not confusing them, I'm talking about Ueno and the SC300 not Ueo and the 86. You know Ueno and the big *** SC300? Thats the car I like.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by drftr d
...oh, and Raine, your not confusing them, I'm talking about Ueno and the SC300 not Ueo and the 86. You know Ueno and the big *** SC300? Thats the car I like.
Technically it's a Toyota Soarer over in the homeland... and now you really got me confused. LOL j/k

Ueno's c/f doors are sexay.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:35 AM

rhys is freakin badd.. all those ppl driftin deserve to be where they are.. ppl booing him hurt my feelings.. no respect... but they did some amazing things at formula d.. rhys stopped his car mid drift ..with out stopping the tires.. haha dude is baddddddd.... i could watch the vid over and over and over.. junk is dope...

but about those booers.. thats just a lack of respect... and if mr. rhys millen ever sees this .. props to him for the steps he has taken to make drifting a everlasting sport in the us.. domestic cars will always be here.. and now . SO WILL DRIFTING!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 03:59 PM

I think that the most important thing for us weather we are doing it for show or the love of it. Getting the exposure is important for the survival of Drifting. It won't matter what car you're in, if you can't do it then everyone would be hurting.

Having this exposure brings in alot of US aftermarket parts and new sponsors/events. This too me from a consumer and avocate would be the ideal senario for Drifting today.

Be it a fad or not we know who's in it for the long haul and who isn't. Besides, drag and drift has been around before us and will hopefully continue. I say bring on the wanna bee's and the wagon jumpers. To me it's money that will flow towards our passion.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by needasr20
rhys is freakin badd.. all those ppl driftin deserve to be where they are.. ppl booing him hurt my feelings.. no respect... but they did some amazing things at formula d.. rhys stopped his car mid drift ..with out stopping the tires.. haha dude is baddddddd.... i could watch the vid over and over and over.. junk is dope...

but about those booers.. thats just a lack of respect... and if mr. rhys millen ever sees this .. props to him for the steps he has taken to make drifting a everlasting sport in the us.. domestic cars will always be here.. and now . SO WILL DRIFTING!!!
no offense but he's not even on the first page of people responsible for getting drifting big in the U.S.... I'd say more but I'm not in the mood. LOL
Old 05-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

sup guys sorry if im digging up a old tread.

drifting to me is nothing more then another expression of ones inner self. when u first went out and got ur car sideways u maybe felt a few things.

calm
scared
paniced
amazzzzed
or nothing

i personaly felt like i have been doing it for a while i was very calm. after about 2 years of watching the drift bible and other good jap vids it felt good to apply some of the begginer steps that i watched. Im from baltimore city so thats another thing i have against me. People when they see me would never think i could drift because im black.

like countless guys said befor me, some of us have seen drift vids befor drifting was plastered on every super street mag and on discovery channel. We will see for our selves the people who are serious and the people who just do it for giggles.