S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drifting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/)
-   -   Ls1 powered 240sx Drifting... (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/ls1-powered-240sx-drifting-38761/)

JessicaS14 04-14-2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by lexidrifts13 (Post 311542)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...doesnt take away from the fact that:
(1) he accomplished what he set out to do or (2) made one savage vehicle.

As for "telling him to go on a god damn track"....this was one night to get video smashin with his friends...safe? maybe not... but not something he does every day. He track races the car with his racing seats/seatbelts and helmet. The video wasn't meant for people to judge his driving ethics...but to see the car and what it can do. Sorry u disapprove...but i really wasnt looking for anyone's approval. just wanted to share because regardless of his night drifting and mountain sliding...im proud of him. Alexis

I'm not trying to be a *****, but anything illegal on the street is not condoned on this site. It doesn't matter if it was "one night" or not. All it takes is a little slip up and he's critically injured or dead. If you love him so much, maybe you'd tell him to take it to a track and do things legally.

That's just my two cents.

ryguy 04-14-2007 09:24 AM

Cmon jessica. It was like midnight and NOBODY was on the street. I'm sure that almost everybody (well, every guy) on this site has done that at some point.

JessicaS14 04-14-2007 09:29 AM

It doesn't matter what time it was Ryguy. You are still dumb for doing it. No matter if "nobody was out" at that time. It's illegal and this site does not condone it. But hey, since I'm not a mod or the owner of the site, everyone will disregard my comment.

Maybe I'll find a really bad car crash from illegal street activities where someone died so I can post up my own pictures and videos of that. It won't be too "cool" then.. would it?

I guess I'm just "old" and find things like this completely immature.

cronux 04-14-2007 09:39 AM

i agree with jessica, in that its foolish and immature, but that probably wont stop me from doing similar things, because im foolish and immature.

lexidrifts13 04-14-2007 09:43 AM

my bf didnt do any of the weighing himself, it came from a site as well... weighed his car on a scale...less his body weight to get the weight of the car. he said his car was 2600 with the KA....i think the next time he does an Ls1 for someone else....he is going to weigh it out. i think that would be hella good information to have. I was just in awe how he was able to do any of it really...i pretty much thought the car u bought came with that engine and that was that. lol its just way cool to me :b_yellow:

lexidrifts13 04-14-2007 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JessicaS14 (Post 311579)
I'm not trying to be a *****, but anything illegal on the street is not condoned on this site. It doesn't matter if it was "one night" or not. All it takes is a little slip up and he's critically injured or dead. If you love him so much, maybe you'd tell him to take it to a track and do things legally.

That's just my two cents.

Id agree...i am not a supported of the night drifting or mountain sliding thing as I said in a previous post. Not that it matters, I did ask him not to do that anymore...and he does take it to the track. As I said before, the video is not meant for ppl to judge him or his driving...or if what he is doing is immature...hes a guy and at some time or another testosterone gets the best of all of them...the video was to share showing what the car sounds like and blah blah blah. He is track racing it Sunday, hopefully I can get some good footage of that. If I had track racing footage or a "walk around" video...I would have posted that. This is what I had, so this is what I posted. Im just proud of him regardless. Alexis

ryguy 04-14-2007 10:00 AM

Hey, I respect him. I respect him for being able to do a swap like that, and Im not gonna judge somebody who drifts in the mountains either.

lexidrifts13 04-14-2007 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy (Post 311591)
Hey, I respect him. I respect him for being able to do a swap like that, and Im not gonna judge somebody who drifts in the mountains either.

Thanks! That is all I was really trying to show, u know? It was hella work and for him to be able to do it...i dont know..it was hella cool to me. i didnt want for him to get like trashed talked about for where he was driving or anything. lol its all good tho. i have mad respect for him, too. thanks so much ur comment!! :thumb:

lexidrifts13 04-14-2007 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by epp_b (Post 311569)
Is the LS1 aluminum?

Yes...all aluminum.

motegineon 04-14-2007 12:15 PM

ok no more crap about the vid, jessica your right this site doesnt condone illegal street activities but lexi is on the site, not her BF. props to ur bf for the swap, i realize all u were tryin to do was show people the car and what it could do, not give us all a lesson on whats morally right or wrong.. people have mixed opinions about street drifting ect... and i know that it is illegal but so are a lot of other things people do..so if i go and post up a vid of nomuken tearing it up on the streets are yall all gonna start flaming because hes not on the tracks?? i dont think so

street drifting wrong? yes, but we cant hate on our roots..i love street drift, along with 50% of the other people, i just keep it off the boards.. nobody needs a lesson on what is an illegal activity, we all know it is, if all u want to do is get on the thread and flame cuz its illegal then dont post..

any more arguing and its closed.

lexidrifts13 04-14-2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by motegineon (Post 311605)
ok no more crap about the vid, jessica your right this site doesnt condone illegal street activities but lexi is on the site, not her BF. props to ur bf for the swap, i realize all u were tryin to do was show people the car and what it could do, not give us all a lesson on whats morally right or wrong.. people have mixed opinions about street drifting ect... and i know that it is illegal but so are a lot of other things people do..so if i go and post up a vid of nomuken tearing it up on the streets are yall all gonna start flaming because hes not on the tracks?? i dont think so

street drifting wrong? yes, but we cant hate on our roots..i love street drift, along with 50% of the other people, i just keep it off the boards.. nobody needs a lesson on what is an illegal activity, we all know it is, if all u want to do is get on the thread and flame cuz its illegal then dont post..

any more arguing and its closed.

well said!! thank you! im truly hoping to get some really good track drifting footage tomorrow!! i hope it doesnt rain!

jramosthe1st! 04-14-2007 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by cronux (Post 311585)
i agree with jessica, in that its foolish and immature, but that probably wont stop me from doing similar things, because im foolish and immature.

i too agree with jessica.

and for cronux, what might stop you from doing that kind of stuff is crashing and dieing or coming close. it sure stooped me. 5 years and counting race free.

USMCDrifter 04-14-2007 02:28 PM

hmmmmm

Very nice, I'd still prefer to see it all in a Camaro sliding on the track, but . . .a valiant swap and valiant effort in driving with all that torque.

-Dave

Biggamehit 04-15-2007 12:23 PM

why are you posting for him???? tell him to come aboard. i respect the work in all, but its pretty common like everything else... also with all the kits that even McKinney sports has came up on, the swap is way easier than what it use to be.

im not even going to lie....... I use drift heavily on the street but i will never post it online again. with my career now i cant even afford to just got out and have a late night spin anymore.

lexidrifts13 04-15-2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 311786)
why are you posting for him???? tell him to come aboard. i respect the work in all, but its pretty common like everything else... also with all the kits that even McKinney sports has came up on, the swap is way easier than what it use to be.

im not even going to lie....... I use drift heavily on the street but i will never post it online again. with my career now i cant even afford to just got out and have a late night spin anymore.

First of all, im not posting "for" him. I belong to this site...im not even sure if he does or not. He belongs to other sites..hybridz, ls1tech, neo something or other...im not really sure. i like this site...i like 240sx's so i post here. i guess it is pretty common and sure there are hella kits out there for hella money...but i was just proud because he did it ALL himself. The fabrication, the wiring, the installing...everything. every bolt, every screw, every wire..he touched it. He made all the headers....adapter plates...everything! that was the only purpose for the post. apparantly it made him look foolish, immature, unsafe and a criminal...totally not what i set out to do. that sucks, but oh well...live and learn i guess. He doesn't drift heavliy on the street lol he spends 85% of his time working on cars for himself and other people. As much as this post is getting flamed and his driving ethics or whatever are getting roasted...i doubt he will join.

thanks to all who posted with their positive attitudes and constructive feedback...but this negativity really sucks.

I hope the thread gets closed. Seriously.

Alexis:wave:

hope the thread gets closed.