Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

Big LSD Problem Need help please.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Big LSD Problem Need help please.

I had bought a Cusco LSD for a nissan 240sx S13 from a friend of mine so I don't have the instructions (not that they probably send any). Everything was going well in the swap until I got to puting the shafts into the diff. One is longer than the other and fits in both holes. I need to know which side of the diff does the longer shaft go? Yahoo and google are useless for finding usefull information and all the diagrams in write ups do not cover aftermarket shafts.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

i duno about aftermarket shafts or whatever, but on the stock one the longer shaft goes on the passenger side
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Contributing Member

Best way to do this, is to mount up the difft and drive shaft. Then take the axels and see which side they fit on.

Unless you meant that both axels fit on both sides (which is extremely odd)... then you would need to pray and hope that one of the vets on here can help you out...
Old 08-12-2008, 01:50 PM

I've had to figure this out about 4 times and I still can't remember! Anyway, there's a groove inside the diff splines to match the groove on the stub axle splines where the little clip goes. Measure the distance from the lip seal on the diff housing to the groove for the clip on each side and put the longer stub axle on the deeper side!